Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    griffy2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 05:49 AM
    MSCONFIG
    When I go into MSCONFIG I see all of these abbreviations and wonder who they are for and what they mean. I would like to disable the ones that do not need to run and gain more running power.
    Thanks,
    Griffy2
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2009, 10:21 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

This site may help, If you GOOGLE MSCONFIG you can find more.

Windows startup programs. What are they? Are they required? How can I disable them?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2009, 08:23 PM

Access MSCONFIG. Take the names of the files Ex. "ctf.exe" and Google it.
    After you know what this fle is and does, You can then decide if you need it or not.
    It's time consuming but worth it :)

Cheers
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MSconfig changes in Window 7 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have window 7 test version installed However When I tried to install Act of war: Direct action, it didn't work And since I have herd how the game does not like more than 3 GB of rams I change the MSconfig settings and set a limit on the memory from the Advance options After I restarted...

Msconfig issues [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am having this strange issues in my laptop. 1) I cannot make a window update 2) I cannot make a update to window defender 3) Can't access user accounts 4) Can't access Parental control 5) Can't access Services.msc 6) Can't access MSconfig 7) There is no file called msconfig.exe...

How to run msconfig? [ 9 Answers ]

Scottgem said to try running "msconfig" in an effort to delete a pop-up that appears every time I start my computer. Scottgym, you'll probably be shaking your head in disbelief, but I don't know how to run msconfig--where do I find it? Consider me in the computers for beginners pre-school. Can you...

Regedit, msconfig [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , My problem is that my registery and msconfig files has been deleted by my anti virus as it was infected . So I am not able to enter it from run command . So is there any way to go to regedit n msconfig . If so it will be helpful for mw n everyone :confused:

Msconfig and regedit Win XP pro [ 1 Answers ]

When I open msconfig or regedit, the applications run for a few seconds then automatically close (in the admin account). They run OK if I boot into safe mode. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

View more questions Search