Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natural Health Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Friend or romantic interest?
    I have been interested in a man for 5 months now and do not know how we stand. We dated a couple times in the first month and we get along great. Our dating turned into "hanging out" and watching TV, eating dinner but never any romance. We now are business partners. He is the owner and I am the manager of a jewelry business. We attend meetings together, he is always polite and listens/acts on my suggestions. He gave me a cell phone early on in our friendship and we share a plan now. I have fallen in love. How do I know he is interested other than the business. He DOES share personal info. With me about his family and asks me about my personal life. Sometimes he hugs me when I leave and sometimes he kisses my cheek. I want to spend time with him but he does not ask me out anymore. When we are together we get along great and I let him talk to his heart's content. I don't know what to do. Has he lost his interest or is he just being careful taking it slow? He also takes care of his Mom and works a job that is REALLY difficult and hard on his health. Help!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 07:56 AM

Hi Natural Health! Welcome to AMHD! :)

Well, I suggest that you post it in the relationship board.

I'm not really an expert in that but my suggestion is:

Ask him out, on a day you know you won't be disturbing him, his work or his family. That would relieve him a little from the stress of work and other problems. In that intimate moment, you could ask him safely, how he feels about you etc.

Ok, I must say again that I know nothing of that stuff, but that's what I would have done in your place.

Good Luck!
    ohhappyday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Read the signs: if you have to "guess" what your relationship is... you are not in a good one!
    Any man who loves a women will make sure she knows it! Read the book now... and He's Just Not That Into You. Build a bride and get over him.. more on. That person is not the right one for you, dear. Good luck
    ohhappyday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohhappyday View Post
    Read the signs: if you have to "guess" what your relationship is... you are not in a good one!
    Any man who loves a women will make sure she knows it! Read the book now... and He's Just Not That Into You. Build a bridge and get over him.. more on. That person is not the right one for you, dear. Good luck
    :rolleyes:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:54 AM
    <moved from Introductions to Relationships>
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:58 AM

Hello.

I wonder if he has reconsidered since you have become business partners..
    More to lose if it does not work out.

If you do decide to broach the subject I would suggest you don't show your hand too soon.

If it turns out he is not interested in a romantic relationship perhaps you should consider your friend status with him and keep your relationship purely professional,if only for the sake of your own heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest in my ExHusband's Best Friend [ 3 Answers ]

I have been divorced for over 10 years. My ex-husband has been friends with his best friend for 25 years. I have known both of these men just as long. I was married to one, and friends with the other one. My ex-husbands best friend and I have always been able to talk and have been able to have...

Romantic Comedy where lead guy's friend gets revenge by pieing women in the face [ 1 Answers ]

There's one scene where the two friends are in a bakery the lead guy and his friend, the friend buys a pie, they then drive to a woman's house. Once there He then rings the doorbell has a short conversation and hits the girl with the cream pie. She calls her brother who chases the friend bak to the...

Bank reward (interest) for referring a friend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If you file 1040NR, can you exclude the reward for referring a friend to the Bank from Income? This is reported on 1099-INT as interest, account type gift/reward. Or do you have to include it as taxable interest. Thanks, Tanya

Guy Friend Pushing Me Away After Discovering My Romantic Feelings [ 11 Answers ]

I met and befriended a guy during my first year of college. We grew close and he ended up living with me and two other girls as my roommate. Throughout the duration of our time together, we've had a platonic relationship with maybe a few drunken kisses and cuddling sessions, even though I've been...

View more questions Search