Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HearSamRawr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 08:35 AM
    What happens if I put red highlights over blonde highlights?
    I have dark brown hair, and I'd like to have red and blonde highlights.
    I planned on using a cap for the blonde, doing every-other hole, for thin streaks.
    Then I thought about doing the red by hand and using foil, for a little bit thicker streaks.
    I'd like the colors to be random, and not too semetrical. Kind of messy, I guess.
    But I don't want the colors to look weird if they get mixed...
    So my question is, what is the risk of the red possibly going over the blonde?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:48 AM

You'll find that the red will "mix" with the dark brown, or with the blonde. When it mixes with the dark brown, all you'll notice is a little reddish tint on the brown. When it mixes with the blonde highlights, you'll have red or orange (depending on the shade of red that you use). It won't look all that great.

Hair coloring is transparent. It's not like paint that covers whatever's underneath it. Haircoloring shows what's under it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

Too many Highlights - They are Not Blonde [ 1 Answers ]

I have naturally medium dark brown hair. Unfortunately not a lot of money and my 25 year high school reunion is coming up this weekend. I volunteered to be a hair color model for a well known international salon/school. What I asked for was some blonde highlights to hide the gray what I got was...

My highlights are too blonde! [ 1 Answers ]

I highlighted my hair and it is too blonde. I am naturally a dirty blonde, but I color my hair to cover some gray. I added the highlights to my light/medium ash blonde color. The highlights are very blonde. I just want to tone them down into something that looks somewhat natural. I also made the...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

View more questions Search