Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mongoliamr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Get rid of doves
    How do I get rid of doves that congregate on an eave that overhangs part of my roof and provides a shady spot for the birds to leave their droppings and constantly coo?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2006, 03:59 AM
    I've seen people use a "owl scarecrow". It's just a fake owl that doves and pigeons don't go near. You might try that. I've not seen them in stores, though: Give HomeDepot, Lowe's, Sears, etc. a call to see if they carry them.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 7, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    I've seen people use a "owl scarecrow". It's just a fake owl that doves and pigeons don't go near. You might try that. I've not seen them in stores, though: Give HomeDepot, Lowes, Sears, etc. a call to see if they carry them.
    You can usually find owl decoys at ranch supply or animal feed stores.
    chosen1 Posts: 60, Reputation: -7

Feb 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Bee bee gun will work wonders... or alkzeltor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of a squatter? [ 2 Answers ]

2 months ago a friend of mine was being evicted from her rental. I offered to let her stay at first, for several days in between moving from place to place. She then said she couldn`t find a place, and feeling bad for her I offered to let her stay for 1 but not more then 2 weeks. She then came...

How do I get rid of IE^? [ 9 Answers ]

Am running win XP and Have downloaded Mozilla .9! I want to use that and not IE6. How do I get rid of Ie6 so I won't be vulnerable to its security leaks? :P

Best way to get rid of mildew [ 1 Answers ]

Our refrigerator has built up a tough film of mildew in the crevices of the door gasket. I've tried Clorox wipes, and bleach/water scrubbed with a stiff toothbrush, but neiteher works well at all. I would really rather not replace the three door gaskets because of the final price of around $150....

Doves [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shelf on the side of my house that doves make a nest and have babies on all the time. It has gotten out of control. I have cleaned up all the "poop" and got rid of all the nests. I know they will build my nests if I don't do something. I don't want to do anything to harm or kill the...

How do you get rid of doves (pigeons) (birds) [ 1 Answers ]

We live in an apartment house. Recently, our little balcony and others on our (east) side of the building have been infiltrated by doves who leave mementos behind. How do we scare them away? Owl cutouts? Ribbons? Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thank you. Peter

View more questions Search