Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkmerenda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Blessed Mother
    Is there a recorded date for the BLessed Mother's birhtday and year as well as the day She ascended into heaven with a year?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 04:00 PM
    There is no history data for an exact day , date, or even an exact year.
    Even the birthdate for christ is only a picked date since no one knows, but it is pretty sure it was not in Decemenber

But there are days picked by the church to celebrate these, these links will give you a lot of info

http://www.americancatholic.org/Feat...lt.asp?id=1132

http://www.americancatholic.org/Feat...lt.asp?id=1108
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 4, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Er, pardon me, but isn't the assumption of Mary a fairly recent addition to Catholic dogma? Maybe those who dreamed this up can supply you with a date.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:12 PM

mkmerenda
    I think that Fr_Chuck gave you the best answer possible.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

My problem with my mother [ 17 Answers ]

Me and my mom are not talking to each other for weeks now. I was 10 yrs old when she started working abroad. I grew up not being close to her so as my other 4 sibblings. She was able to get my 2 sisters to Canada 5 yrs ago while I stayed here for some reasons.To make the story short, I'm 28 now and...

Please help my mother! [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is 73 years old and she has 30,000.00 in credit card debt. She has depleted her savings and gets $490. A month in social security. She owns a home in a cooperative in NJ and can't get a reverse mortgage because Nj doesn't allow that on cooperatives. She was advised not to go bankrupt...

Helpful Mother [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I am writing for some advice perhaps. My wife and I have been married for almost 5 years and we have a great marriage but there's one problem to speak of. My mother... Now, I know my mom loves us and loves me and I am not disrespecting my mother or anything because she...

View more questions Search