Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kinjal2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 12:28 AM
    More words instead of using you in letter
    What we can use instead of "you" in professional letters. Please suggest me some words like "your good self" is good to use instead of you in letters. As we start letter "In reference to your letter no.". What I can use instead of you in such letters
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 12:42 AM

Why?

You, your, you're are perfectly acceptable.

"your good self" makes no sense at all, not in English.

Maybe you should post your letter, then we can have a better idea of what you would like.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 12:43 AM

I don't know what you are looking for here. "in reference to your letter' is proper business etiquette.

Tick
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 02:10 PM

Keep it simple. Use "you" not "your good self" or anything else. Keep your words plain, so that it is easy to understand and there will be no misunderstandings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What five letter words can I make of these letters? [ 6 Answers ]

What five letter words can I make of the letters B,U,R,G,E,R?

What good words begin with the letter "k"? [ 18 Answers ]

I can only think of "kinetics".

Debt Validation Sworn Denial Letter Valid 30 Days After Demand Letter Michigan [ 9 Answers ]

Zwicker has sued me for alleged debt and I am representing myself in Michigan in court. The details are as follows. I have only received one demand letter from them dated December 26, 2006. The letter did not provide any information that is required by the Fair Debt Collections Act to dispute...

Commitment letter given & contract of buy is signed, can denial letter make/break? [ 4 Answers ]

My parents "were" in the process of selling their home. The buyers had gotten approved for the loan and signed the contract to close on the house. They put down 1/2 of their down payment as one of two. The second payment would be transferred at closing. The shady buyers decided they...

View more questions Search