Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Nov 2, 2009, 08:27 PM
    I like him but I don't want to scare him away! Guy
    Hey everyone!

So I have a new boy dilemma!

Ok I'm a girl and I have a crush on my roommates boyfriend's roommate (sounds confusing in know). The first time I met him I thought he was a total sweetheart and he helped me a my roommate move into our apartment. He was totally giving of his whole Saturday and didn't complain once. I thought he was really cute, but I had a boyfriend at the time.. so I tucked him away in the back of my mind and moved on.

Well my roommates boyfriend hangs out with us a lot and a lot of times Steve can't come out because he's busy, and I'm always secretly sad that he can't go (now that I'm single). So finally he comes out with us on Halloween.. So we all drink a little and before you know it we're making out.. and I'm in heaven.. so we make out a bunch but I made it clear to him that I didn't want to have sex.. and he says that's fine.. so after a little while we all out walking to the club..

And the whole night he was so sweet to me, holding my hand, kissing me, taking excellent care of me, making sure I'm safe and that my feet don't hurt all that good stuff.. so when we all get back to the hotel, and he cuddles me and plays with my hair and kisses me.. we didn't really do anything because we shared the bed with another guy.. so after a while we go to sleep

So the next morning... we all wake up and reaccount the evening, and he acts our make out sessions never happened. He doesn't hold my hand, or try to kiss me, or anything!. so we all drive back home and get breakfast and he was still acting aloof..

As we dropped him off, I surely thought he was going to ask me for my number but all he said was "yea, we should (referensing to me and my other roommate) watch "how I met your mother' together sometime" and that was it! (all three of us talked about how we love the show)

I was bummed, do you guys think he was just using me? I like him and would like to date him if he's not a player.. how should I deal with this?. should I let him contact me on Facebook, should I wait until we all hang out again? Or should I send him something on Facebook myself..
    I can't tell if he just wants a hook-up, if he just wasn't really that into me, or if he wants to date me..

Any thoughts? Sorry so long!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 08:34 PM

Ask him.

Really, guessing, second guessing, twiddling your thumbs, biting your lip, those things get annoying really fast.

Wouldn't you rather know for sure where you stand?

There's only one way, ask him. Don't Facebook him, don't text him, ask him, either on the phone or in person.

I honestly think that the invention of Facebook and texting has done more damage to relationships then any other invention ever made. ;)

Nov 2, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Ask him.

Really, guessing, second guessing, twiddling your thumbs, biting your lip, those things get annoying really fast.

Wouldn't you rather know for sure where you stand?

There's only one way, ask him. Don't facebook him, don't text him, ask him, either on the phone or in person.

I honestly think that the invention of facebook and texting has done more damage to relationships then any other invention ever made. ;)
    Thanks Alty! But the thing is we didn't exchange numbers and I am studying for the CPA now and I'm going to be really busy, so I don't know the next time I will happen to see him.. do you think I still should still wait?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by plonak View Post
    Thanks Alty! But the thing is we didn't exchange numbers and I am studying for the CPA now and im going to be really busy, so I don't know the next time i will happen to see him.. do you think I still should still wait?
    That depends on you. How much do you like him? How much do you want to date him?

Maybe facebooking him isn't such a bad thing (I can't believe I just said that ;)).

Bottom line, talk to him, ask him what he was thinking that night, if it was just a one night thing or if he's actually interested in you for more then one night.

Don't play games, be direct, be yourself and let him know where you stand. I learned that the hard way. ;)
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 10:58 AM

You guys were drinking and then started to make-out, all of a sudden you're completely charmed by this guy... He acts like he cares for you, and starts paying attention to you- and you like it. My first observation was this: YOU GUYS WERE DRINKING... This guy could've been drunk and just wanted to enchant you. Secondly: You fell for it. You were falling all over this guy and it sounds like you were drinking and hanging off each other all night.
    In the morning- he acts like it never happened! (Probabaly because by now he is sober.) So my estimate would be that, yes, he was using you, and maybe didn't even know it. This guy more than likely isn't seriously interested.

Nov 3, 2009, 06:26 PM

Yes you're correct about the hanging around each other all night, but we both were drinking in the beginning of the night and stopped and were pretty much sober towards the middle of the evening because we all got lost in San Francisco, and were walking around.

I was enchanted by him before we went out on Halloween, but yea I guess the alcohol allowed me to be more confident, and him too..

Thanks for your honest opinion!

I think for now, I'm just going to let it go, and if we see each other again, then I will gauge it from there
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Maybe he's nocturnal.

I think that the alcohol loosened him up too.

Talk to him, and see what's up.

Nov 3, 2009, 08:32 PM

Thanks JM, Im going back and forth on what I should do.. but it's always nice to hear a guys input

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bus Scare? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey party people! Wat up? Anyway I need help fast! My mom wants me to take the T bus by myself to school next year when I am in seventh grade. I am so scared. I trust myself just not the world around me so much. Please help. And please no smart/nasty/alecky replies. THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ...

Did I scare her away [ 5 Answers ]

I ask this woman out on Monday. We had talked and walked with each other earlier and I enjoyed her company. I ask her to dinner at the end of our walk on Monday she agreed and told me she was coming off a relationship and it would be friends. I agreed by saying yes when I go out with someone new I...

Man with a scare? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! A little while ago I psted a question about seeing ghosts and a few days later a man with a scare under his right eye starting following me but no one else could see him so I told my friend and she thimks that maybe someone on this website knows him so I said it's worth a try.He is in his early...

I'm scare [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Well I Have A Q's And Need An Answer Soon!! Well I Think I Have Hpv Cancer Or Something I Have These Bumps And The Kind of Look Like Coldsores But They Don't Hurt At All Well There Located In My Vagina Near The Clitoris On The Side And Im Scared To Go To The Doctor To Ask. Well I Got Tested For...

Security Scare [ 2 Answers ]

I'd be most grateful for any help and advice you could give me about a major problem. I'm on a course and have just found out that someone on this course (who's e-mailed me - and yes, I've opened attachments! ) mentioned, in passing, to someone else they'd e-mailed on the course: "I see you've...

View more questions Search