Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellywho79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Job For Ex Felons?
    Hi! My husband has a felony on his record from 8+ years ago from a different state. He is having such a hard time finding a job because that always shows up. Anyone know of companies hiring ex felons inn the Chandler,AZ and surrounding area? Were having a hard time meet with on one income and a new baby. Please help. Thank You
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 02:48 AM
    Hi, Kellywho79!

What sort of education, work experience, job training and other skills does your husband already have, please?

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2009, 08:11 AM

He has a lot of experience in sales, his most recent job was in home loans. He is a people person and can make a friend in 5 minutes. I feel like all that is going to waste since he can't get a job!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 12:39 AM
    Hi again, Kellywho79!

How about a job selling photography products for portrait studios that travel around to schools, churches, clubs and other organizations? I don't know about the availability about them where you are and there most likely would be some travel involved, but those types of businesses are almost always looking for sales persons. There tends to be a high turnover in the personnel, but if someone is good at the selling, there is the potential to make a lot of money.

I still would appreciate knowing about his education and other skills that he has. There is also the possibility of being self-employed, depending on what his other skills might be.

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2009, 04:43 PM

He has a GED, and some college credits. He is certified as a Medical biller in 2005. He had Hi-Lo Traning a while back. He worked as a security officer off and on for 8 years. He is not very proficient using computer software. Any more suggestions? I really appreciate it. Thank You!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2009, 04:52 PM

Hello K:

If it were me, I'd buy myself a slightly used Lincoln Town Car. I'd take it down to the Wild Horse Pass Hotel, and sub contract myself to the livery service there. If they weren't hiring, I'd try the companies at the Biltmore or any of the hotels in Scottsdale. It's tourist season NOW.

He can make a decent living driving, and nobody'll care about his record.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felons marring felons incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are coming up on final sentencing and he is in the county and I'm out we don't know if he will get probated and we would like to get married if he does get locked can we still get married even though I will be a felon to or will we have to wait till he gets out?

Aid for felons? [ 7 Answers ]

Is their any programs for felons to go to college? Or Is there grant for felons to go to college? In Washington State?

Ex felons [ 1 Answers ]

I need money to get my drivers lincence back any ideas?

Felons in IT? [ 3 Answers ]

Is IT a field where a felon can get a job? Got a question already posted about being an OTR Truck driver. Have not given up on the idea but the FEC won't pay for training in that area for a felon with less than 10 years on a felony.

Fin aid for felons [ 6 Answers ]

Is there aid available for convicted felons?

View more questions Search