Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bzcarns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:00 AM
    What do I connect ?

Service panel has neutral and ground bar. Do I connect both neutral and ground leads to the ground bar? 4 wire connection to 240 volts.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2009, 07:14 AM

Define "Service panel" please. Is it SPA related?

Panels fed from the main panel require that their grounds and neutrals remain separate. Neutral to ground bond screws are removed. They require a 4 wire service and a ground rod if in an detached structure.

I've asked that your post be moved.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Good morning. I'll just take a moment and warn you the working in the "Service" panel can be deadly. If you are not absolutely sure how to do things correctly and safely then please call a licensed electrician.
    In truth before we even get started helping you, we need to know whether you are putting the subpanel in a separate building or in the same building as the Main Service Panel.

To begin with since you are adding a circuit to the "Service" panel, you must get a permit. (FYI - The Service Panel is the panel that accepts the feed from the utility company and distributes it within residence.)

Sub panels are are fed from the "Service" panel.

Within the Service or Main panel, both Neutral and Ground are "Bonded" together. However, for any subpanel, Neutral must be isolated from ground.

You also have to "size" the amperage needed for the secondary panel. This includes determining the necessary load requirements that the panel will feed.

You also need to plan the type and size of the sub panel, the size and insulation of the subpanel 4 wire feeder, a main cut-off switch (depending on the type of panel used) and much more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you connect VCR to old TV? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Zenith VCR I would like to connect to an old Samsung TV (UHF/VHF). I have a Radio Shack "75 to 300-Ohm" connector. When I use the connector, I get an extremely snowy picture and cannot get the program to set up even though I can barely see the menu. Without the VCR the TV has a great...

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I have a D Link router and I haven't had my laptop for some time and I just bought a new one and my problem is I didn't write down my pass key to get connected , what can I do

How to connect lcd TV [ 1 Answers ]

How to connect lcd TV?

How to connect lcd TV? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Samsung TV an I want to Know how to connect my direct TV, vcr, and dvd player? I also have a component wire?

How to connect [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dish I need to hook up TV, vcr and a dvd, have no idea how to do it.. the vcr is a coax cable? Can someone please help Tee:confused:

View more questions Search