Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MegLeach Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Moving back home to England
    Hey guys,
    I am 18 and I currently live in the U.S. but I would like to move back home to England. My parents want me to put together information and my "plan."

I need to know everything!
    -costs
    -housing (need Chorley)
    -transport
    You name it, I need to know it.
    PLEASE HELP :)

Thanks
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2009, 09:43 AM

How are you going to support yourself? Do you already have someplace to stay when you get there? Friends or family? Do you have a job lined up? Will you be going to school there? Since you're the one planning on moving, I think it's important for you to learn to make up a plan like this. You need to learn how to budget. Part of that is knowing your income. How much do you spend on groceries? How are you going to be getting around? That will greatly effect your transportation costs. Are you planning to buy a car? Will you mostly be walking or biking places? Will you mainly rely on buses? Or taxis? I imagine that your housing costs will vary depending on where you live, much like here in the states. Are there some areas of england that cost more to live in than others? You need to learn how to find this information. Once you are there you'll need to be able to find costs on your own so that you can appropriately plan your budget.

Nov 2, 2009, 12:49 PM
    I do have a place to stay for a little while until I can get on my feet. I do plan on trying to get a job set up before I get over there. I also am looking into the budgeting. I was just looking for some info on where is a good plcae online to find jobs. I want to take my first year over there off to work and then after a year I want to go to culinary school and get my degree.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2009, 01:34 PM

And how will you be getting around when you get there? Let's say you don't find a job for awhile. How long can you stay where you are planning to?
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Also, paperwork wise, what do you need to do to be able to live, work, and go to school there? You said move back home to england. Does that mean you already have citizenship there? Are you going to need to apply for citizenship? Do you need a visa? Or just your passport so you can get on the plain and through customs?

Nov 3, 2009, 06:15 PM
    I already have citizenship there, and the people I am staying with are family. I would like to use public transport or walk, so I am looking for a place that will allow me to do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving my children back home from AZ to Il without my husband [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I moved to AZ in 2004 and I want to move back home. Is it legal for me to take my children back home without his permission or can he have me arrested?

Moving to England. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, hi. I live in Iceland and there has come up a situation where my husband needs to find another job and it is not easy for him to get the job he wants here. We really want to move to England, well actually it is more me than him, but we do not know where it would be best to go. We do not want...

Moving to England. [ 16 Answers ]

I am interested in moving to england from the US in the next year or two. How would I go about doing so? How would I be able to become a citizen? Are there certain things I would need? Thanks in advance, Kara

Moving to England? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm debating moving to England for 6 months next year come April. I'm looking to rent in a shared situation or into my own flat, but don't want to put down a deposit until I arrive or any money for that matter. Does anyone know what I would do in this situation? Most people want money up front...

Decision on staying or moving back home. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I moved to cincinnati 8 years go to be with my wife who is from cincinnati, we have since gotten divorced. I have stayed here for about a year recovering and rebuilding my life, I have alt of good friends here and a very good job. The biggest thing preventing me from moving back to...

View more questions Search