Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RetUSN2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Yearly or Monthly
    Hello I've been living at a rental community in Orlando Florida going on a year by the end of next month. I gave a verbal notice that I would be moving out about 2 months ago, but my property manager (Landlord) states that I have to give a written notice. Although I signed a year long lease my payment is due on a monthly basis and according to The 2009 Florida Statutes; 83.02 I would be considered a month to month lessee. So, my question is am I correct or am I misunderstanding this?

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Thanks in advance.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Sorry but you are misunderstanding the statute. First, that section applies to non-residential tenancies only. Second, it applies in a situation where there is no fixed term in the lease.

Your tenancy is residential and contains a fixed term in the lease.
    RetUSN2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 10:14 PM

Thanks for you time and response!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 05:22 AM
    My pleasure. Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2009, 05:26 AM

In addition, did you read your lease? Such terms are usually spelled out in the lease. Also, generally any time you plan on moving out, it should be in writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease ended it was weekly then went monthly do I have to pay monthly amount? [ 6 Answers ]

I had a lease that ended in May of 2008 in which I paid weekly rent on and then it ended and it reverted month to month as stated in the lease agreement would this mean I would pay the monthly amount listed on the paperwork or do I still have to pay the weekly rent? Also they were charging me...

Yearly check-ups [ 4 Answers ]

For a dog what does an annual check-up consist of?

Create weekly,monthly,quarterly and yearly queries in access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have designed a database that keeps a record of users 's details as they enter and leave the library.Examples of this fields are: VisitorID,Name,TimeIn,TimeOut,DateOfVisit,NatureOfVisit All the above are recorded in a table called visitDetails. I have two tables and the...

Dog Yearly Shots? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello~ I was wondering if any of you know how much it cost for a dog's yearly shots? For a beagle? Are family is planning a Beach Trip and need to board are 3 beagles and get there shots... *but are vet is not open until Tuseday* So I was wondering if any of you knew how much it cost for ...

View more questions Search