Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stonehenge Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2003, 10:20 AM
    LCD monitor
    I just bought a canon digital camera (EOS 10D) and start playing with it to familiarize with the functions. I noticed that it looks like I can't use the LCD monitor to take pictures but only to review previously taken pictures. Is that right? I just wondering why because most of the digital cameras I've seen can be use to take pics. Is that so? Or did I just miss a button to make it work. Please help me on this one
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 2, 2006, 11:11 PM
    Yes, digital SLRs are like that. Because the lens does the focusing which is not transferred to the LCD. Anyway that's how they operate. I was wondering about the same thing when I got my first DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflect)

Thanks ;-)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I'm jealous! I'm still using the EOS D-30 (but do love it).

One great reason you'll love the fact that the screen is not used to take pictures: The battery/ies will last muchlonger.

I use the battery grip add-on, which holds 2 batteries, and get 500+ pics before having to recharge.

And by the way, I'm using the new Tamron 18-200 lens and just love it; a great walkaround lens!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Monitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it my moniter or my video card that not working when I play a game called medevil total war. I get the main screen and the trailer but when I play the game the maps show up white and my men show up as orange and in blocks Can anyone answer my question please.

Monitor - No signal [ 53 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm trying to build my own computer without my husband's help so I can learn stuff along the way. My first obstacle is that the monitor has no signal. The computer I am upgrading is my brother's old one and I played cards on it just last week before he gave it to me. When I brought it home...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I need a service manual or schematic for a CTX color monitor Model VL500. FCC ID DBL1569S. By CTX International, Inc. Help please! Roy Randall Randall Electronics

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search