Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2009, 05:18 AM
    I was sick whilst taking antibiotics, will they work?
    I was prescibed co amoxilav antibiotics for a sinus infection. On the first day of taking the tablets I was sick 3 times, does this mean the course wold be ineffective? Finishes the antibiotics 2 days ago and feel terrible again. Really blocked up, dizzy, hearing loss and horesness. Can anyone help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 05:51 AM

I believe this antibiotic is prescribed when needed, while pregnant. So you are pregnant, right ? Probably why you had a bad reaction to the meds. If you are still experiencing symptoms, I would visit the doctor again. However, I recently tried the new saline therapy, (a salt spray into each nostril) it is med free and safe to use as many times as needed, for congestion in my sinuses and it helped enormously.

Tick

Nov 2, 2009, 06:36 AM
    No Im not pregnant, have made an appointment to see my doctor this afternoon. The saline spray you mentioned, I would like to give that a try, do you know if its available in the Uk and what is it called please?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 06:37 AM
    I don't know where Ms. Tickle sees that you are pregnant. Did I miss something?

When you say you were "sick" did you throw up the pill?

Nov 2, 2009, 06:43 AM

I was sick two hours after taking the first antibiotic and some of tablet did reappear, then the same happened with tablet no 2. Unsure if this would affect the 7 day course of tablets? I did begin to feel better at end of antibiotic course but now 2 days later I feel lousy again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 06:49 AM
    This may not have been the right antibiotic for what you have... if indeed you actually need an antibiotic.

Most likely you need to visit your doctor again for another course of antibiotics, hopefully a different antibiotic.
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I don't know where Ms. Tickle sees that you are pregnant. Did I miss something?

?
    No you didn't miss anything, J_9. I asked her if she was pregnant because this particular antibiotic came up as being prescribed for pregnant women.

Tick
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2313stephen View Post
    The saline spray you mentioned, I would like to give that a try, do you know if its available in the Uk and what is it called please?
    Hi again, 2313, I am in Canada, so what is available here will be in the UK too. It is called HydraSense but there are several on the market. I hope it helps.

Edit: Made by Schering-Plough. Check Google.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On the pill and taking antibiotics, had unprotected sex am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Im taking the pill but had to start taking antibiotics so came off the pill while I was taking them, I had my bleed cause I hadn't taken my pills for a few days and then after I had finished my bleed (yesterday) me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex so I took a pill and then I took my pill again...

Antibiotics.how long before they should work? [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with Quinsy (abcess on the tonsil) 2 days ago. I got a shot in the butt, and have been prescribed Penicillin V 500mg (2 caps twice daily). It is now 48 hours since I started the meds, and I have only a slight decrease in pain and discomfort. My tonsil appears to be less swollen,...

Taking antibiotics with juice [ 3 Answers ]

I went to the doctor on Monday and discovered I have a urinary tract infection. So, the doctor put me on antibiotics, and she told me to take 3 pills on my first dose, then two, and one on the final pill, which I've been doing. My only question is, can I take these with something other than water,...

View more questions Search