Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrbuilder11377 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Legal alien married to a us citizen
    Can a legal alien married to a us citizen be deported for defaulting on an equity line of credit or for filing bankruptcy?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Nov 2, 2009, 04:12 PM

Not without other extenuating circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Citizen married abroad with a Brazilian Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question, and I hope somebody can help me :-) I'm an american citizen and I got married in Brazil to a Brazilian citizen. She took a semester off from school (university) to stay here with me on a tourist visa. She is going back to Brazil now, to finish her degree (she...

How do you see if someone had a legal green card before they married a us citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister (who is now deceased) married someone from Colombia in 1993. He paid her $2500.00 to marry him so he could get his green card. How do you find out if he actually had a valid green card before marriage or if he got it after the marriage?

Resident alien married to Nonresident alien- 1040 details [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a straightforward question: I am a resident alien who is married to a nonresident alien. We have one child who is my dependent. I will be filing as head of household and will claim an exemption for my wife (she does not work) and for my child. Do I still need to write my wife's...

Citizen married to alien [ 7 Answers ]

Just got married in Nov, trying to file taxes but since my husband doesn't have a SSN, they rejected my Married Filing Seperatly return, through Efile. He has never gotten a refund back due to his stituation. He now gets a 1099 as "Self-Employed" Married Filing Separately is the best road so I...

View more questions Search