Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freestepz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Helpdesk 1st line
    I have an interview for a !st Line helpdesk role and I have this questions if you guys can help answers have to be helpdesk/IT related.

Thanks

Customer Focus
    Q1. Please give an example to where you have utilised customer feedback within your team

Effective Communication
    Q2. Give an example of where you had to communicate either sensitive or unwelcome information

Teamwork & Collaboration
    Q3. Give an example where you have suggested an idea which requires the need for teamwork

Continuous Improvement & Flexibility/Adaptability
    Q4. Give an example of when you had to encourage others to take on a change within their working environment

Relationship Building
    Q5. Give an example of a time when you used your professional expertise or knowledge to bring a situation to a mutually successful outcome

Ability to Solve Problems
    Q6. Give an example of a time when you were able to solve a problem in your work time

I have some answers but just need more professional help/answers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2009, 07:28 PM

Try giving us YOUR answers and we will critique them.

Nov 3, 2009, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Try giving us YOUR answers and we will critique them.
    Hi,
    Here is what I have done so far, I don't have an answer for the first one but look tru this and let me know if its OK asap thanks

Q2. Give an example of where you had to communicate either sensitive or unwelcome information
    There is an outage on server where by users will not be able to access/receive emails for a period. Since I know the importance of sending and receiving emails to business, I have to get on the phone with users to let them know what's going on and we are working on it as to resolve it as soon as possible. Also to let them know the progress periodically as well until it has been solved then follow up to see if there is no more issues

Q3. Give an example where you have suggested an idea which requires the need for teamwork
    In my team, there is a team member that has a problem and was unable to come to work for about a week. He has thorns of outstanding work to complete after couple of days his calls started falling off SLA. Since it has been communicated to the team that he is not going to be in for the week, I suggest to the other team member that we can didvide his outstanding work among ouselves so that we can meet up with SLA.
    Result: Team members agreed and it was successful.

Q4. Give an example of when you had to encourage others to take on a change within their working environment
    SLA was slipping, in other to get back on track, I have to encourage my team members to do more than they have been doing by setting up a league table of whoever closes the highest number of calls gets a free lunch or a £10 store voucher which was supported and financed by the management. At the end of the day that motivated the team to be more productive and we all achieve our targets.

Q5. Give an example of a time when you used your professional expertise or knowledge to bring a situation to a mutually successful outcome
    User called in on a pending server installation job that was high priority, The engineer was suppose to be at his office since 3 hours ago and he was very angry at that point I have to listen to him and explain to him that I will find out what was going on with the engineer or arrange another that I will call him back soon. I made a call to the engineer and found out that he was tied down on earlier job that he taught it was going to take a little while but took longer but he is on his way to him now and will be there shortly. So I called the client back and explain the situation to him with apology and I also called him back later on to find out if the engineer is there to do installation and everything went on fine.

Q6. Give an example of a time when you were able to solve a problem in your work time.
    Drive Mapping situation.
    User called in saying that he was getting an access denial on folder message when he tried to access folder.
    Basically, I figure out that he is not part of the member in the group that have access to the folder.
    Solution: I have to add him to the group so that he can have access to the folder

Nov 3, 2009, 05:04 AM
    This is very good, but there are a couple of minor tweaks, mostly having to do with tense (past as opposed to present) and proper words. I've highlighted the changed parts (in red) and parts to be deleted are in blue.

There was an outage on server where by users were not be able to access/receive emails for a period. Since I knew the importance of sending and receiving emails to business, I had to get on the phone with users to let them know what's going on and we are working on it as to resolve it as soon as possible. Also to let them know the progress periodically as well until it has been solved then follow up to see if there are no more issues

On my team, there was a team member that had a problem and was unable to come to work for about a week. He has tons of outstanding work to complete. After a couple of days his calls started falling off SLA. Since it had been communicated to the team that he was not going to be in for the week, I suggested to the other team member that we can divide his outsanding work among ourselves so that we can meet up with the SLA.
    Result: Team members agreed and it was successful.

SLA was slipping, in order to get back on track, I had to encourage my team members to do more than they had been doing by setting up a league table of whoever closes the highest number of calls gets a free lunch or a £10 store voucher which was supported and financed by the management. At the end of the day that motivated the team to be more productive and we all achieved our targets.

User called in on a pending server installation job that was high priority, The engineer was supposed to be at his office since 3 hours ago and he was very angry at that point. I have to listen to him and explain to him that I will find out what was going on with the engineer or arrange another and that I will call him back soon. I made a call to the engineer and found out that he was tied down on earlier job that he thought it was going to take a little while but took longer but he is on his way to him now and will be there shortly. So I called the client back and explain the situation to him with apology and I also called him back later on to find out if the engineer is there to do installation and everything went on fine.

Q6. Give an example of a time when you were able to solve a problem in your work time.
    Drive Mapping situation.
    User called in saying that he was getting an access denial on folder message when he tried to access folder.
    Basically, I figured out that he is not part of the a member in the group that has access to the folder.
    Solution: I have to added him to the group so that he can have access to the folder.

I realize these will probably not be written answers, but its still important to use the right tense and the right words. Since you are been asked to describe previous experiences, you need to refer to them in the past tense.

Nov 3, 2009, 05:26 AM

Thank you very much please I need an insight to the Q1 if you can help

Q1. Please give an example to where you have utilised customer feedback within your team

Nov 3, 2009, 05:32 AM

You need to answer these by drawing on YOUR experiences, not by making something up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpdesk software [ 4 Answers ]

I need a helpdesk software solution which is easily manageable and provide self service. I would prefer to see a demonstration before I can make my decision.

HelpDesk Support [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would appreciate if someone could let me know the typical questions asked in an interview for IT Help Desk Support position.

I want some info about helpdesk [ 2 Answers ]

I want some info about help desk,what is a help desk,how these services shoulb be delivered and so on, who can offer some link about that

View more questions Search