Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkiper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Strong lightening cream for leggs
    Hi everyone,

I've been using different skin lightening cream for my body, but my legs neva seems to lighten. I have tried everything but nofing works, my upper body is 4 shades lighter then my leggs. Its really bugging me, because of this I can't show my legs. I was tempted to buy lightening pills called 'fair beauty', but I am afraid its just going to make my upper body more lighter. Can someone let me no what strong lightening cream I can buy in the shop.

Thank you:)
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 1, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Please don't buy lightening pills! THEY DON'T WORK!!
    Those lightening creams at the shop are not strong enough, not for the legs!

The skin on the body is harder to lighten and you need something better than shop lighteners!

Why not try to get some actives from Skinactives.com to add to your lotion. They have lightening actives in powder form you can easily mix in.

Your going to need need a good exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells on your legs especially the knees!
    sharonmarieskincare.com has a 30% Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Body Wash and Peel 8 oz I've read it's bit strong(in her eBay feedback) but you don't have to keep it on the skin for too long.

I've purchased her 15% glycolic toner. Ouch! Should have started with the 10% toner instead, her15% glycolic lotion and her 40% glycolic peel.
    naijachik Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 03:58 AM
    dkiper I have the same problem my upper body is lighter than my lower parts. My thighs and legs are really dark. I have been told to use bioclaire. Which I have been using 4 six days now no results so far but hope it will lighten me.
    loanyB Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by naijachik View Post
    dkiper i have the same problem my upper body is lighter than my lower parts. my thighs and legs are really dark. i have been told to use bioclaire. which i have been using 4 six days now no results so far but hope it will lighten me.
    Using bio claire by its self is not that strong,try and get the bio claire lightening oil and don't mix it with the cream,when you are going to use every time,take a biit of the cream and oil and mix it in your hand,and that should work,don't forget to exfoliate

Its funny how I have a different problem.. my whole body is light but my face is a shade darker..

Nov 4, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Thanks for the advice loanyB!
    What do you mean by exfoliate. Can you explain please?
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Nov 4, 2009, 10:38 AM

Exfoliate means to scrub your skin to remove dead skin cells using either a loofah or body exfoliating brush.

Use grainy types of cleansers in the shower along with the mentioned above, exfoliating also makes for an smoother close cut shave =]

Nov 4, 2009, 11:48 AM
    dkiper i have the same problem my upper body is lighter than my lower parts. my thighs and legs are really dark. i have been told to use bioclaire. which i have been using 4 six days now no results so far but hope it will lighten me.
    By the way what did you use to get your upper body lightened?. I am looking for a lightening crream for my face...

Nov 4, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamor View Post
    Exfoliate means to scrub your skin to remove dead skin cells using either a loofah or body exfoliating brush.

Use grainy types of cleansers in the shower along with the mentioned above, exfoliating also makes for an smoother close cut shave =]
    Well explained...
    U can even use sea salt,. just add a bit olive oil into it and scrub

Nov 6, 2009, 05:41 AM
    By the way what did you use to get your upper body lightened?. I am looking for a lightening crream for my face...

I can't really say loanyB because I used different creams so I'm nt sure which one lightened me and I'm nt that light I'm kelly rowland skin colour.
    dkiper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 05:59 PM

I've been using all different type of skin lightening cream that I don't even realise which has made me lighter. But d good 1 out of my list is, civic and bio claire but der neva lighten my legs. I feel that I've rubbed loads of strong on my legs, I mite dead skin on it. How do get d dead skin off? Sum1 help
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dkiper View Post
    iv bin using all different type of skin lightening cream dat i dnt even realise which has made me lighter. But d good 1 out of my list is, civic and bio claire but der neva lighten my legs. I feel dat iv rubbed loads of strong on my legs, i mite dead skin on it. How do get d dead skin off? Sum1 help
    They just told you how to remove dead skin cells is to use an exfoliator. If you are interested in using Bio Clair products, then that will only create even more stretch marks along with your previous ones.. unless you want more stretch marks?

Nov 9, 2009, 01:34 PM

Golden girl what is a good exfoliator to use and has worked because I think I av dead skin as well so I really need to exfoliate.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 07:08 PM
    golden girl what is a good exfoliator to use and has worked because i think i av dead skin as well so i really need to exfoliate.
    Right now I'm using Liakas papaya soap twice a day and retin-a 0.05% at night. So far my skin is peeling a lot.

Nov 10, 2009, 04:16 PM

Golden gal.. can u tell me where I culd get those items from please?
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 09:12 PM
    I got the Likas soap from Amazon. But what I didn't like was that although the soap was sold for about $3, the shipping and handling costs more than the soap. So, I doubt I will be buying it again and after I finish what I have in a few months, I will switch to another soap.

Retin-a (tretinoin) is the acid form of vitamin A and will help the skin to peel and exfoliate a lot. I purchased it from AllDayChemist. Best to start with 0.025%, which is the mildest. They have great prices and are professional, but their shipping & handling costs are high so I order in bulk.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Nov 11, 2009, 01:05 AM

Co-signing on the wonderfulness of retin-a.. I'm so in love with this stuff now.

I only have the .05%(I was rec'd to start there since my skin was already used to peeling from acids).. I might try the .1% after a few months. I bought mine from ADC too.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 11, 2009, 01:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    Co-signing on the wonderfulness of retin-a..i'm so in love with this stuff now.

I only have the .05%(I was rec'd to start there since my skin was already used to peeling from acids)..I might try the .1% after a few months. I bought mine from ADC too.
    I went straight to the .1% when I first tried it, wasn't so bad.
    It was the itchiness that bothered me more than the peeling.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 07:13 PM
    My skin is evening out more now, looking better but still peeling. I did order more retin-a 0.05% and hq, and 1 tube of the 0.1% for my elbows and knees only. My face is lightening quite fast, I say I'm about 2 shades lighter when I compare them to my hands and arms. So, I decided to use the hq/tret only once a day at night to slow the lightening and until my arms/hands have a chance to lighten, as they haven't lightened any yet though. May have to try that saran wrap trick this weekend. So, I try not to scratch in public.. lol, don't want to look crazy.
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2009, 08:56 AM

I love retin A too it really helps to make your lightening results better but, I have to agree it can make you itchy sometimes.

Nov 14, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Can you get retina A in stores?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong Bleaching cream [ 5 Answers ]

:)please I need a strong bleaching cream that will not distroy my skin so I need your advise on this need your help!:)

Has anyone uses 55+ lightening cream? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all Would someone be kind enough to share their experience with 55+ lightening product with me. Thank you

View more questions Search