Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownBaby08 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 04:21 PM
    A Dancer with Broken Bones?
    Hey. Im a dancer but as of recently, every time I do a split my knee has an excruciating pain for a couple days, as if I had hit a bone or somethinq. I put Benqay and ice on it, and then the little lump below my skin goes down but I feel it again eventually. Did I mess Up my bone? Or is it the fact that I keep banqinq it on the qround? My dance teacher says it usually happens, but Im not quite sure what's wronq with it. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they had a sore knee. Can someone tell me what's qoinq on?
    _thougthlessdork Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 04:30 PM

I've had a problem similar to that, if you need too, wear some sort of padding on your knee for awhile, or be more careful when dropping into the splits. If it keeps it up, check with a doctor.
    pmera Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2010, 11:06 AM

Where along the knee is the bump occurring? It sounds like your coming down to hard and perhaps also your muscles surrounding your knee might be quite tight and that doesn't help. Stretch those hip adductors and abductors often and check your technique getting into the splits.
    chef_chick Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Aug 22, 2010, 01:06 AM

Yes, this happened to me as well... please answer... painful...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Dancer with Broken Bones? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey. Im a dancer but as of recently, every time I do a split my knee has an excruciating pain for a couple days, as if I had hit a bone or somethinq. I put Benqay and ice on it, and then the little lump below my skin goes down but I feel it again eventually. Did I mess Up my bone? Or is it the fact...

I want to be a dancer [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Justine Hunter and I want to become a dancer for hip hop! I love it every day I will go on and look up dance movers I am 11 year young I know I am young but you will be surprised how I dance

I want to be a dancer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start to be a dancer if I'm in secondary school

Broken bones won't heal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi 6 weeks ago I broke my collarbone and my right heel. I found out that the bones are not healing... why?? I am a healthy 38 yr old,I do smoke,I am on advair other than that I should have been healed. Doc put me on 1500mg of calcium, and 800mg of vitamin D...

View more questions Search