Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alannah Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Can she adopt?
    My auntie recently passed away leaving behind 3 children the youngest is 8months old, my mum was asked to be god mother to the baby when she was born, since my auntie passed my grandparents have looked after the baby as they are foster carers but cannot look after her permanently due to their age. My mum wishes to adopt the baby but my grandparents have said no as she is on medication and said they would rather the baby go to another family member, does my mum stand a chance at adopting her? She has a stable marriage, financial stability (even though she is unable work) and 3 children of her own?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 03:58 PM

What sort of medication is she on that they don't believe the baby should be placed with your mom?

Nov 1, 2009, 04:00 PM

Anti depressants
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 04:03 PM

And how does she do on them? Is she good about taking them?

Nov 1, 2009, 04:05 PM

Yeah brilliant, my 2 children are there regularly, if I felt she was incapable of looking after a young child id never take mine round there but she's amazing and provides my siblings with their every need
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 04:09 PM

It would ultimately be up to the court, not your grandparents. Is there anyone else who you expect to oppose the adoption? If that's there only reason for opposing it, well, it doesn't sound like a very strong argument if you and, I imagine others, will support her saying she is still perfectly capable of caring for a young child. But again, it will ultimately be up to the court.

Nov 1, 2009, 04:11 PM

OK thank you for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He wants to adopt my son [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I am just wondering my son was born in 2005 and while I was 2 months pregnant I met the man who is my husband now.. I don't know who my son real father is and really don't care... my husband wants to adopt him what do I have to do in order for that to happen?

I want to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

My exgirlfriends son whom I've been takeing care of for 14 years wants my last name

Need to know if there is anything I can do to adopt her [ 1 Answers ]

There is a little girl who has been placed in foster care. I know her and would like to have her. I have two boys one of who is the same age as the little girl. They would love to have a sister. I am not kind to her but know about the situation she is in. She has a sister and brother, the mom gave...

Want to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

We are a safety resource for two small children and we are pretty sure we will be getting long term custody in the near future due to the fact the parents have not and will not complete a case plan and the mother is in jail and will be there for a while. My question is once we get long term custody...

How Old Do You Need to be to Adopt [ 3 Answers ]

I think my ex-stepmother is unfit to take care of my two-year-old sister. How old do you have to be to adopt a child?:confused:

View more questions Search