Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zhuliahh Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Is he ashame of me?
    I know this guy for a year now, he used to live across from my dorm. This year, we got really close and hookup a couple of times. I didn't want this to become FWB or his weekend lover, so I asked him where we are going with. He eventually told me that he likes me and ask me to go out with him.

Because both of us have very busy schedule this semester, so basically we don't see each other at all during weekdays, but on weekends we would go to a movie or something. I feel like all my friends knows about him, but none of his friend know about me. This weekend was Halloween weekend, so there are lots party in school. I was planning to go out with him, but when I show up in his place with my friends, he didn't even say hi or anything to me. He was so cold to me and I feel like he is pretending not to know me in front of his friends. I got so piss and just walked away. After a while, he txt me and asked me to go to his place, I ignored him because I was really mad at him. I know it was kind of childish, but I don't know why he act so differently than when he was with me alone.

Do you guys think I should talk to him about this?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 12:37 PM

The best person to talk to about this is him.

Ask him what was going on.

Take it from there.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 12:43 PM

It sounds like he may be ashamed of you. The fact that he knows all your friends but he ignores you in front of his, classic sign that he doesn't want to admit he's dating you.

Talk to him, ask him what's going on.
    icequeen88 Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Nov 1, 2009, 12:45 PM

Yea question him about it. There to no need to jump into conclusions until he is informed of how you feel.

You have to speak up for yourself.
    If not, he'll continue to do what he did.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 1, 2009, 01:18 PM

There's not very much of a defense for this guy I mean even if he was hosting and milling around to not even say hi?
    What I would have done is when he text or even next time answer with this "so NOW you want to talk"
    And see if he gets it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 02:51 PM

When you walk into a room, he should be thrilled. But he can't even bother to say "hi", so who knows what else he won't bother to do.

You should definitely try to clear things up with him by confronting him about your concerns. But it doesn't look good from his end.
    Jayjay027 Posts: 153, Reputation: 31

Nov 1, 2009, 03:05 PM

You deserve to know exactly where you stand with him, and the only way to find that out, is to talk to him about it.

Sorry to say this, but it sounds like he's keeping you a secret. If you're not cool with that, you need to get it sorted so you can find someone who would be happy to be seen with you.

Good luck!
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Nov 1, 2009, 03:26 PM

I agree, ask him flat out.
    -

Nov 1, 2009, 04:51 PM

The only other thing I can think of is he had a current or ex girlfriend there and didn't want to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Oh, he can have sex with you, but he can't acknowledge you in a crowded situation? NO. No more. This guy is a tool. The worst kind of tool. He'll take you to a movie, in a DARK theater? What a cheap jacka$$!

He making minimum payments with little or no interest.

I say find a guy that will will walk with you across the campus, with a smile on his face, while holding your hand.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you are sex to him. He obviously thinks that you are beneath him. The truth is, you are way above him. So keep up the KMA attitude.

Keep your pride, and wait for someone nice.

I wish you the best in everything you do.
    zhuliahh Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 05:06 PM
    I know one of his friend used to like me and both times the friend was there. I am not sure if that can even be a reason for him treating me like that.
    -

Nov 1, 2009, 05:13 PM

That is no reason to Diss you like he did.
    Unless this other guy was just smothering you and he couldn't get a chance he should have made an attempt to come over to you and talk.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 06:57 PM

Talk about it, maybe its just his idea of just dating, is different than yours. He may not see this as exclusive, but you do.

Find out. Don't you think this should have been cleared up before you agreed to go out with him? I do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search