Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdyer89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Dog keeps peeing on our things.
    I have a 5 month old pomeranian who I let stay inside but here lately he has wanted to just get on my bed and pee or cock his leg up and pee on the side of it and if there is anything laying on the floor he tries to pee on it too. What should I do he uses the bathroom outside and I crate trained him as soon as I got him but he just keeps peeing on the bed.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2009, 07:15 PM

Has he been neutered?

5-6 months is the perfect age to get them neutered as it helps curb aggression as well as territorial marking before they develop these instincts.
    energyze Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2009, 02:00 PM

Sounds very much like he's doing his best to asserty himself as pack leader.
    Your bed is your territory, you as pack leader should claim that right. Do you let him sleep on the bed with you? If you do, I would suggest not doing so. It will just re inforce his ideas that he is alpha male.
    As previous reply answered, neutering is a good option. % months is about the time that all the hormones come into force. He will be testing you to see if he can establish himself as pack leader. Shut the bedroom door. Do not let him in there. He has got to learn his place. Kindly and firmly. I would advise to read up on dog behaviour, in particular how to be the alpha leader.
    Feed yourself before him, go out the door and come in before him, all things that will show him that you are the leader, not him.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rat keeps peeing [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted my Rat 4months ago, from a pet shop. He was brought back in from previous owners for some reason, they couldn't tell me. Got him at 6months old, and he settled in really well. Him and my 3 yr old get on so good. We moved house recently, and when I get him out he pees everywere. Every 2...

Not Peeing? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello we have a 18 week old german shepherd named bella. Over the past 2 days we have noticed some weird things she is doing. She will whine at the back door and we will let her out like usual but she squats 4-5 times around the yard. I am not sure if she is actually peeing as her back has...

My peeing dog [ 12 Answers ]

My dog is 4 yrs old. I got him about 6 months ago from a shelter. He is fixed. He came with a dog buddy. So I have two dogs ages 4 and 5. The 4 yr old keeps peeing in the house. I will let him out. But when I bring him in he pees. I yell at him stick his nose in it and then lock him in the laundry...

Why is my dog peeing [ 3 Answers ]

If a male dog is fixed can he sense that there are other animals in heat and mark his territory?

View more questions Search