Ask
    shrimp162 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Electric heater
    Electric heater is cuasing electric meter to go crazy
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 01:26 PM
    It sure does because it uses a lot of electric. Just wait till you get your bill.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 2, 2009, 06:54 AM

Since I'm not exactly sure what crazy mean, perhaps you can provide more details, but, yes, it will use a fair amount of electricity to generate any heat. Hence electric resistive is not very cost efficient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric heater in garage [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put an electrical heater in my garage. The specs are as follows: 10.0/7.5 KW, 240/208 V, 1/3 Phase, 49 amps. Would I be OK to run 8 gauge wire on a 50 amp 2 pole breaker or should I go larger? The 49 amp rating is the max at start up and the unit averages 42 amps while running. Also I am...

Hot water heater electric needs 110 vs 220 [ 5 Answers ]

Do they make a 110 hot water heater? I recently had a new hot water installed and it is a 220. It has a dedicated spot in the fuse box, but since then the house lights have been dimming and flickering. Is this hot water heater too much for the house, and what should I do. This was...

Electric hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring diagram to wire an electric hot water heater to breaker panel

Electric Fan Heater [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Modine 47 (115v) fan heater, a thermostat and a zone valve. Currently the thermostat controls the zone valve. How can I wire these together to get the thermostat to control the zone valve and the fan heater? Any help would be appreciated.

Electric fireplace heater [ 2 Answers ]

The fake flames are one switch and the heater is on another, I have th turn the heater off and on many times before it will run quietly, most of the time it squeaks then kicks its self off, why

View more questions Search