Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjaforce5 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Throwing up
    Ok, this is going to sound really dumb and probably immature. I'll start at the beginning.. I have had a lot of trouble with throwing up lately. It's not that I think I'm fat, its more of an emotional thing. It just seems like if I get rid of everything in my body then I can start over. And for periods I would stop, but then I just don't eat. It's not like I have to tell myself not to.. I just don't. Its subconscience. I know there's a lot of risks and whatever, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. I don't get why other people are so concerned about it. So, maybe, could somebody help me understand? I don't want to sound like I'm some idiot kid who doesn't know anything, but I really just don't get it
    RedHead4991 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Nov 1, 2009, 11:36 AM

If you are throwing up, you might be Bulimic and should probably go see a psychologist. You need to realize that if you continue throwing up, you are just hurting yourself and there are other ways to start over than to throw up.
    Check out this link, it might help you to understand why throwing up is so dangerous and what long term consequences you'll have to deal with:
    Bulimic Vomiting - Stomach Acid Causes Problems: Hydrochloric Acid Responsible for Dental Erosion and Other Ailments | Suite101.com

Good Luck with everything
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Nov 1, 2009, 11:55 AM

I honestly don't see anything wrong with it
    You may not see anything wrong with it now, but you will if you continue. Also, you cannot see anything wrong with this because it is a psycological poblem. By vomiting frequently you will damage your esophagus and the enamel on your teeth will rot away. You can also develop a lot of heart problems and your metablism will eventually become very slow if you do not eat. Also, your emotional helth will deteriorate if you continue to do this. You need to get help now so that you will not have any medical problems.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 07:35 AM
    You won't see anything wrong with it until your teeth start rotting out because the stomach acid wears the enamel off.

You won't see anything wrong with it until your heart wears out...

Do I need to go on?

Nov 3, 2009, 03:48 PM

OK I know like the teeth thing and I brush my teeth after I do it so wouldn't that take the acid or whatever away
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaforce5 View Post
    ok i know like the teeth thing and i brush my teeth after i do it so wouldnt that take the acid or whatever away
    Nope, not enough of it... your teeth will still rot.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 04:09 PM
    OK I know like the teeth thing and I brush my teeth after I
    Do it so wouldn't that take the acid or whatever away

Brushing your teeth right after, actually probably isn't the best. Since you just had acid weakening the enamel, scrubbing with a tooth brush might weaken it more. (I'm not saying don't brush your teeth, but I hear it somewhere, also not sure if it's 100% true or if it's just a rumor, but I think it's possible)

I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

Also, you can get ulcers and the lining in your esophagus will start to burn or erode away. You will also get more sores on the inside of your mouth, and your gums will bleed. Your lips will constantly be chapped, your immune system could crash, and you could be more prone to viruses.

You sure there's nothing wrong with it?

Nov 3, 2009, 05:21 PM

Yeah I mean I know the stuff that could happen and so I try not to throw up but then I just don't eat. Its like I keep going back and forth from one to the other
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:03 PM

Here's an even better idea. Eat, Don't throw up, and go to counseling. Not eating will do the same things, but more slowly. Your body starts taking nutrients from itself in order to survive. You're esentially chewing off your own hand. Your digestive system could shut down, as well as many others just in order to keep you alive. Not necessarily healthy or functional, possibly perminantly damaged, but alive. That is, until there's nothing left for your body to take from itself and you die.. .
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    Here's an even better idea. Eat, Don't throw up, and go to councelling. Not eating will do the same things, but more slowly. Your body starts taking nutrients from itself in order to survive. You're esentially chewing off your own hand. Your digestive system could shut down, as well as many others just in order to keep you alive. Not necessarily healthy or functional, possibly perminantly damaged, but alive. That is, until there's nothing left for your body to take from itself and you die. . .
    Got to spread the love... but you said it just right AGAIN!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Gotta spread the love...but you said it just right AGAIN!!!
    Just wait, there's pictures!
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:12 PM
    Pictures? Really?
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:14 PM
    SO take a look at this, and tell me, do you want to have this happen to you?

Name:  bulimia.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  anorexic.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  24.8 KB
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Here's a couple more. .
    Attached Images

Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:40 PM
    If that doesn't work, I don't know if ANYTHING will!

Good going!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 09:33 PM

I have some pictures too ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_10yYjoTIYE...rd+dot+com.jpg

Medusa: ANOREXIC, BULIMIC, PRO ANA / MIA? SOME TIPS, IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE THIS...

Had to spread the rep Ohso :(

Nov 4, 2009, 05:02 AM

Its not that easy though because even if I wanted to stop you can't just quit
    Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 06:35 AM
    its not that easy though because even if i wanted to stop you can't just quit
    You need help. This is a psychological disorder that you cannot get over alone.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 09:27 AM
    its not that easy though because even if i wanted to stop you can't just quit
    We're telling you to get help so that you CAN quit. And if you care about your own well being at all you'd go to talk to a ctherapist or something. You don't want to end up looking like the people in those pictures, it's NOT good.
    pushingapples Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2012, 12:18 PM
    I am 32 and have been throwing up since I was 10. Not sure about the enamel on the teeth, as I never had a problem with that. But I did develop a hiatus hernia, when I was 17. Been bulimic has had huge consequences to the enjoyment of my life. It might not seem like such a big thing, but life is much simpler and easier if you don't need to deal with the challenge of being bullimic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keeps throwing up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Pomeranian/Yorkie mix. He is a year and half old. I got him off craigslist about 2 mo ago. They told me he was fully vaccinated but didn't give me any papers. Anyway I changed his dog food on fri because I couldn't find the kind I usually give him. He was fine during the day but that...

Just throwing this out there. [ 3 Answers ]

I know I'm not a real 'active' member of AMHD, but it has really helped me to begin my weight loss. I don't post much, but I'm on here almost everyday reading posts, and answers, and putting different tips together, while being motivated all at the same time. I have tried to diet more times than I...

Pug throwing up [ 6 Answers ]

My one year old female pug will throw up after she eats. Its not all the time but it is enough that I am concerned. Could heat have an impact?

My dog is throwing up [ 7 Answers ]

We don't have the money to take my puppy to the vet this week and I can't find a vet that will let me pay next week and they won't tell me anything without seeing her, she is 5 months and is acting normal she just keeps throwing up white vomey vomit I don't know what to do

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search