Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melly99 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 10:59 AM
    No period Pregnancy possibility?
    I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I'm not sure if I should wait just a few more days. I usually get my period every 31 or 32 days the latest.. I had my last period on oct 2. and now its nov 6th and I still don't have anything? Chances I'm pregnant? And should I just go get a test today and do it tomorrow or something? Would it be able to show by now? Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 01:28 PM
    What is your age? Do you use any form of birth control at all? Have you ever used the pill? If so, how long have you been off.

A lot of factors have been left out. I need these answers first.
    Meggx7 Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Nov 6, 2006, 01:33 PM
    If a woman thinks she may be pregnant, for example because her period is late, she should do a pregnancy test as soon as possible to find out for sure.

Most pregnancy tests state that they work as soon as a period is late (i.e. one day). Most women do not continue to have normal periods when pregnant but some may experience lighter/shorter periods. And for women who do not have a regular cycle it can be difficult to know when a period is due. So it is best to take the test three weeks after having unprotected sex (as this is roughly how long it will take for the hormone levels to show up on the test).

If a test is negative (i.e. the woman is not pregnant) but the woman's period still doesn't arrive a week later, another test should be taken. Periods can be late for other reasons including stress, change of diet, or other health conditions. Women should seek medical advice if they are concerned.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 01:39 PM
    There are still too many factors missing. Age, birth control methods, past and present.

Nov 6, 2006, 03:23 PM
    I am 23 I'm no longer on the pill. I haven't been on the pill for over 4 months now. My husband and I have been trying to conceive. I don't have any stress in my life since I do know that stress can alter your cycle. But I haven't gotten my period yet and I just don't know if I should go out and get a test or wait another week to see if maybe its just delayed.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2006, 03:33 PM
    I would do a test asap? Then consult the doc. You need to know what's going on and if you periods are always clockwork then there is obviously something going on.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 04:36 PM
    You are 23. Hormones do not level off until around age 25 - 28, that is an average by the way, so it is not completely accurate for every woman. You have been off the pill only 4 months, so this may have something to do with it.

If I were you I would wait a week to go to the doc. You don't want to pay for it if he just tells you that you are late. You can take a HPT if you want.

There is little stress when you are trying to conceive, so this could throw it off a little also.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2006, 04:45 PM
    I am 22yrs old and 7weeks off giving birth to my daughter. I know my body and I knew deep down before I took a test and went to the docs that I was. Its just instinct. I would not delay... apart from anything else you will only worry and stress out otherwise so for peace of mkind if nothing else go to the docs or do a pregnancy test.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Yes, instinct does play a big part. You know the old addage

Woman's instinct is usually right.

Nov 6, 2006, 06:31 PM
    when I got off the pills my cycle returned really quick and it was like clockwork. Like I said I my period came 31 or 32 days and it was on track. I believe I ovulated the 20th and I did have unprotected sex my instinct thinks I am pregnant. But I also don't want to test to early and I dotn want to go to a doctor to hear him maybe say its just your period being delayed. Ill most likely either test at the end of this week or maybe wait another week. One good thing about me is this isn't sterssing me. I am curious if I'm just late or pregnant but I won't stress it.. I like staying relaxed=) and keeping my fingers crossed that maybe me and my husband will be on a journey of starting our family..

Nov 6, 2006, 06:45 PM
    So I took a pregnancy test a little bit ago. And there's 2 lines.. the second line isn't really dark but there's a line there.. should I maybe test again tomorrow to make sure its not a false?
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 06:47 PM
    I wish you the best in your hopes for starting a family.

HPTs tend to give quite a few false negatives, so your thoughts of waiting a short while are the best.

God luck and keep us posted.

Tomorrow would be too soon. Your body needs time to build up HCG hormone. That is the hormone that detects pregnancy.

Wait a few days or a week and re-test.
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 03:26 AM
    Goodluck - but if your instincts are telling you yes, you are more than likely noticing/feeling changes in yourself too! I wish you all the best :)

Nov 7, 2006, 06:51 AM
    last night I took a test.. I saw two lines.. the second one wasn't as dark as the control line but it wasn't faint enough for me to go hm is it really there. I saw two lines.. I might tst again maybe Friday just in case=) not getting my hopes up completely yet. How common is it to get false positives?

DJ H

Yes my instincts were telling me something. That's why I went and tested last night.. something just feels really different andi feel like I'm pregnant. And I did take that test and it showed 2 lines. I will again test sometime maybe Friday or this weekend just to be sure. I have my fingers crossed.. I will keep you posted=) thank you so much for your advice
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 07:02 AM
    I would recommend 'Clear Blue Digitsl' home pregnancy test. It come up with the word 'Pregnant' instead of the stupid lines which is enough to confuse anyone. My friend got pregnant last year and every home pregancy test came up negative - it was her gp who confirmed it for her - so home pregnancy tests are not always accuraste for everyone - but 'Clear Blue Digital' worked for me.
    Good luck :)
    latashaperkins Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly99
    I havent taken a preg test yet because im not sure if i should wait just a few more days. i usually get my period every 31 or 32 days the latest.. i had my last period on oct 2. and now its nov 6th and i still dont have anything? chances im pregnant? and should i just go get a test today and do it tomorrow or something? would it be able to show by now? thanks
    If you are that concerned then yes take a test but are you on any birth control? If you are that may affect your menstral cycle believe me I know I went through the same mind boggling thing

Nov 7, 2006, 10:39 AM
    No I haven't been on birth control for almost 5 months.. I've taken 2 tests and both have showed 2 lines. So I'm going to set up an appt just in case..

Nov 8, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Im Pregnant
    Expert

Nov 8, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Well, you see DJ'H's idea was right. Instinct and knowledge of your body is a very powerful tool.

Nov 8, 2006, 03:40 PM
    yes that it is.=)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

If period comes after having sex 9 days before, is pregnancy possible? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I had sex with my boyfriend couple of times in last month. Last time intercourse was 8 days before. Now my period has started today. My question is, is there any chance that I’m pregnant now? Please kindly answer my doubt. Some times he doesn’t put his orgasm inside the vagina completely...

Missing period due to pregnancy or breastfeeding? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have an 8 month old which I breastfed for the entire time. As she is eating more solids & stuff, we're still bfing, just not as much. I have had spotting on & off since baby was 4 months. I had an entire period last month (6/24) and now I'm not! It was due on 7/25. I had intense...

Production Possibility Frontier [ 1 Answers ]

Workers Employed Consumer Goods Machines 0 0 0 2 10 30 4 20 55 6 30 ...

Please, ectopic pregnancy? Implantation bleeding? Or period? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a bit early on to ask I suppose, but when it comes to my girlfriend's health I really would rather be safe than sorry. Her period for the past 3 years has been like clockwork, no more than a day off of her last period. We had an excessive amount of PROTECTED sex last month (condom, she is...

View more questions Search