Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Always_asking Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2009, 01:32 AM
    Cupcake dolls?
    In the 1990s there where hese cupcake dolls where you turn them inside out so they are a doll or a cupcake, I still have some and are wondering if anyone knows how much they are worth these days?
    alliesuecat Posts: 158, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2009, 09:22 PM

I remember those too. What were they called again? And why do you want to find out how much they're worth? Are you wanting to sell them?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 09:27 PM

From what I found on Ebay, the buy it now price for an old cupcake doll (there are new ones out now) is around $10.00 Canadian for a new one still in the box.

Nov 4, 2009, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alliesuecat View Post
    i remember those too. what were they called again? and why do you want to find out how much they're worth? are you wanting to sell them?
    If they were worth more I would have considered selling the few that I have as I have found myself in financial trouble, but for now I shall keep them, I find it difficult to part with all my old toys from when I was little.

Nov 4, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Always_asking View Post
    if they were worth more i would have considered selling the few that i have as i have found myself in financial trouble, but for now i shall keep them, i find it difficult to part with all my old toys from when i was little.
    I understand that completely. It's good to care for your inner child. I used to have some of those dolls too. I kind of wish I still had them. Well hey how many do you have? Maybe one day you could sell some and keep the others. If you do decide to sell any, I might buy a couple off you :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 03:10 PM
    i understand that completely. it's good to care for ur inner child. i used to have some of those dolls too. i kinda wish i still had them. well hey how many do you have? maybe one day you could sell some and keep the others. if you do decide to sell any, i might buy a couple off you :)
    They are coming out with a new line of cupcake dolls. In fact they should already be on store shelves. If you're interested.

OP, I'm sorry that I didn't have better news for you. Older toys usually take a long time to appreciate in value. Seeing as these dolls were made in the late 80's they aren't considered antiques and they're still very easy to find, both new and used. That's why they haven't gone up in price.

Toys in general aren't really worth collecting unless they're limited addition. Even then, you won't get a huge return on your investment.

At least they mean something to you, you can't put a price on that. :)

Nov 5, 2009, 06:10 AM
    i understand that completely. it's good to care for ur inner child. i used to have some of those dolls too. i kinda wish i still had them. well hey how many do you have? maybe one day you could sell some and keep the others. if you do decide to sell any, i might buy a couple off you :)
    I hope to one day pass them onto my children. If I can trust them :) I have a couple of the normal ones, one in a wine glass and one a jam jar. I'll let you know if I ever change my mind though, thanks for all your help eveyone.

Nov 5, 2009, 12:52 PM

There's a wine glass and a jam jar? I didn't know that. I had a blonde one wearing a pink outfit with blue polka dots.well can you tell me what those dolls were called so I can maybe try to find one? Thanks.

Nov 7, 2009, 03:46 AM
    there's a wine glass and a jam jar? i didnt know that. i had a blonde one wearing a pink outfit with blue polka dots.well can you tell me what those dolls were called so i can maybe try to find one? thanks.
    They were simply called cupcake dolls, if you search "ann jam" in Google images search you should see the jam jar one. I tried to add pictures to this post but it didn't work. :)

Nov 7, 2009, 10:05 AM

Thanks! Yeah I actually found a couple commercials on you tube! Yup wonderful memories! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s tonka dolls name? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking of bidding on this doll on eBay, I used to have the same one as a kid, its got blue hair,yellow and black sunglasses on (which are moulded on, you can't take them off) a pair off colourful swimmers on and a pair of blue sandals on (none of the clothes come off its all moulded) she...

Movie with talking cupcake [ 1 Answers ]

In the movie there's a guy stranded on a raft and somehow he gets oil on him and he falls asleep and when he wakes up he's really burnt from the sun and he begins to hallucinate and then he sees things coming toward him like this big talking cupcake that yells at him... can't remember the name of...

Cupcake Land [ 4 Answers ]

What is Richard Rhodesī Cupcake Land about? My tutor said something about it... And I want to find out what it is.

Dolls [ 1 Answers ]

I bought 4 dolls at a yard sale because they are unusual. I have no clue what they are. They are all men dressed extravagantly. It looks like real or fake fur around their hats, some have little bells on their clothes.only their faces and hands are polyresin? Their clothes are really something...

View more questions Search