Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 3, 2009, 10:45 AM

Some of the face being lighter has a lot to do with makeup... she seems to be wearing full coverage "pancake" makeup in a shade that is just lighter than the rest of her... I don't know why peple do this... lol... ghost face makeup...
    barry101 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2009, 11:22 AM

LaToya has always been lighter than her siblings. However, even in very early pictures, you can see the white powder she uses on her face. It's a huge contrast to the rest of her. Why no one has ever told her it looks weird is beyond me. It looks like a mask. Also, I don't know what she uses, but in the 90s, she was almost as white as Michael. A lot of it is body makeup though. Her hands are way darker than her face and neck.
    DarkSkinGirl Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Nov 3, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    that last 'Starting Over' picture is so cute. amazing! All hail Photoshop!:D

L.J. was always light esp factoring in how few people used sunscreen back then. So maybe assume some layers of tanning when you look at her older photos?

If she's using brighteners and sunblock on her face and neck that could account for her facial color, but i don't know. It's yet another Jackson mystery to me.:p

In some of those photos when she was younger , she appears to be very pale. And it looks unnatural. I think it was due to the makeup. Back in the 80s a lot of black women piled on that light makeup that was 20 shades lighter than them. Even Janet was doing it.

I'm pretty sure she bleaches but she probably doesn't have to bleach that much being that she was pretty light to begin with
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 3, 2009, 08:38 PM

Oh I forgot what she looked like back in the day... I really always thought that the Jacksons were cute as chubby broad nosed, brown Jacksons... But I don't get why they always like to slick down the "Baby hair" lol... that's always been a G-fab habit that they just won't break...

Scary how sometimes she looks a bit like Paula... lol
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 09:56 PM
    That is true. Part of it could be a bunch of makeup, Barry101, Vicky_D, & DarkSkinGirl. And the other too many high percentage chemical peels in hopes to keep her youth. Yeah, she has always been the lightest sibling and over the years possible tanning she tried to avoid, but tends to show on her hands.

I agree Brown, I like the pict. Of her bandana too.
    Boricua they sure love their "baby hair"... he he
    Maharani & Gr8stuff, she should have stopped at one nose job or none at all. I hope she doesn't get anymore.

So I guess it's very strong chemical peels and lots of makeup. But, how often does high percentage chemical peels damage people of color's skin?

Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Wrong choice for referencing hte lightening topic !
    Don't tell me it's a wrong choice for referencing this in the lightening topic!! I can reference whatever I would like to know learn more about. How would you feel if people said foolishness like that to you about your posts & threads Imgorgeous. If you don't like the thread then you don't have to answer and subscribe to it, no one's forcing you. Simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten my skin? [ 14 Answers ]

my skin has turn darker than usual coz of SUN....please suggest me a nice way to lighten my skin within 1 month...plzzzzzz:(

HOW Do I lighten My Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 32 year old female with olive skin... I have found that after the birth of my third child, the skin between my legs have darkened lots. Does anyone have this problem, if so how can I lighten it?

Has any one used neoprosone gel forte to lighten skin or as a skin lightener [ 70 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but I wanted to know if any one knows about neoprosone gel forte. I have been using this cream for six months now I have had very good results, but I just wanted to know if any one has the same out come as me. I was using mono to depig my skin, but after 8 months of...

Lighten my skin [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I am really dark, like african american dark. And I would like to know any safe wasy that I can turn my dark skin to lighter skin. Not completely white but just a little lighter. And also how long will it take to see affects... HELP ME PLEASEE

Skin Peels to lighten skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone I am new to AMHD and I had a few questions. Has anyone ever used a skin peel and gotten good results with lighter skin? They claim that your old skin cells are destroyed and new ones with less melanin and made, but I don't know how factual this is. I just ordered my skin peel from...

View more questions Search