Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 31, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Has anyone heard of or used Skin Light?
    My mom came to visit me, and she said that someone she knows recommended skin light. And now she's trying it out. I just want to know if anyone has heard anything about it or knows of any harmful side effects? I'll also report back to you to tell you if her skin has lightened dramatically or not. She's Alicia Keys color. Soooo not much lighter she can really go in my opinion. Lol. But I'll report back anyway.
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Oct 31, 2009, 05:59 PM
    If she's alicias color, she's already high yella. She can't get much lighter without looking pasty. And I think her color is beautiful the way it is. Keep us updated, though.:)
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Lol... "high yella". I wouldn't mind becoming Alicia Keys color. Yes, keep us updated if it works for your mom. It would be good to find a good body lightener.
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2009, 09:15 PM

I use to use Skin Light the black soap smells very strong it has HQ in it it will most likely make your skin bright and about 1/1 2 lmao I think I wrote that wrong shade lighter.. also it makes your face really smooth and when you put make up on your skin looks flawless hmmm your making me miss that soap;)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 1, 2009, 05:13 PM

Brown Deceit,

Do you have a link to this skin light ?

And I would have to agree with the others that I think your Mum already sounds light and I am surprised she needs to lighten. Guess none of us is ever satisfied eh! LOL

Nov 1, 2009, 05:27 PM

She's not trying to get lighter really. She may go up a shade here and there. But she pretty much is ALWAYS Alicia Keys color. She's not trying to be michael jackson light. Just trying different products that help her maintain I guess.

Nov 1, 2009, 05:39 PM

Brown Deceit,

No links then?

Nov 1, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Brown Deceit,

No links then?
    Here:
    Skin Light
    I only used the soap its one of my favorites, my sister used the soap with the oil and body cream last year works very good especially on the face

Nov 2, 2009, 03:04 PM

tai18,

Thanks for the link.So many of these products sound so similar, I thought it may have been something I had tried before, but never heard of this one.So you recommend then?

Nov 2, 2009, 03:08 PM

... Are you serious right now? Does anyone ever read anyone's questions or concerns or just try and hop onto what they think is hot at the moment? *rolls eyes*

Nov 2, 2009, 03:38 PM

BrownDeceit,

Just asking whether she recommends. Have far too much going on to even think about buying anything else. For anyone else interested, it is always good to know what MAY work, as opposed to something that does nothing for the majority. I believe it is aways good to share info and to allow people the chance to decide whether it is worth trying rather than wasting money. No one should be scared to recommend. We all know that it may or may Not be the same for us.

Nov 3, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    tai18,

Thanks for the link.So many of these products sound so similar, I thought it may have been something I had tried before, but never heard of this one.So you recommend then?

If you're a HQ user then yeah I would recommend it I read somewhere online that the cream has as much as 6% in it not sure about that though all I can say for sure is that the soap hands down is one of my favorite soaps ever it smells very strong, makes your face very smooth also and you see a difference in skin color fast they use to sell it at a beauty store where I live it would ALWAYS be sold out and they would sell it for $8:mad: and online it is so cheap the only reason I stop using it was because every time I would go to buy it its sold out and if I order it from online ups or usps since its american charges me $40-70 "brokerage fees":mad:the cream has carrot in it with HQ which is probably why it nearly changed my sisters undertone she did lighten maybe not dramatically like from Kelly Rowland to Beyonce but from Kelly Rowland to probably 1/2 a shade lighter then Gabriele Union with a bronze kind of goldy undertone especially her face not sure why lighteners make your face so much lighter sometimes

to

Also she tried a product called clair and white before RUBBISH! Stay away from that CRAP brand pure garbage- also forgot to add my sister was using this for like 1 year and a half or 2 years 3 times a day

Nov 4, 2009, 03:48 PM

tai18,

Thanks for the info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone heard of Purine pills for skin whitening? [ 2 Answers ]

Have anyone tried this pills for skin whitening? Does it really work? Heal Eczema Psoriasis Acne 4Ever New herbal formula Pills. Healing from the inside out

Light skin lifestyle [ 16 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I was wondering what everyone's opinion of being light is like. Some of you have a vision of what you being light would be like, others are already there. To those who have achieved your goal, what are some of the differences you have noticed about being light? Are you treated...

Why light skin? [ 3 Answers ]

Why are so many kids wanting to whiten their skin anymore? Is it just the style now or what?

View more questions Search