Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 31, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Mininal Wage job or.
    So I'm kind of confused on what to do here. I am quitting my minimal wage job (im a senior in high school) and I am looking for another job. My brother in law got me a job interview at a department store and I'm applying to be a cashier or lost prevention officer. Anyway, I really wanted to be a waiter somewhere as in my opinion, you make a lot more money as a waiter and you don't really do much physical work. (I have worked in 2 restaurants and compared to what I did as a bus boy/cook, they have it much much easier.)

Do waiters really make that much more over minimal wage. Also, do department stores usually pay minimal wage? Do cashiers or lost prevention make more than minimal wage normally?

I didn't quit my other job for the pay, but I figure I mine as well make as much money as possible if I'm going to be working
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 12:24 PM

Hi sarge, yes get a waiter job and I think you could make out pretty good with minimum wage plus tips. Why don't you take a SmartServe bartending course and make some money bartending weddings, etc.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 12:27 PM

Not sure where you worked if you think a waiter has it "easier" but hey it is your work.

As for as pay, depends on where you are going to work and what shift you are working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

I have been just notified by my employer that I have been hit with a wage garnishment for an identity theft case that happened 3yrs ago. The company I work for is based in California, however since then I have moved to our office in China (same company) and no longer working under my SSN# and now...

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can a creditor garnish my wages or tap my bank account. I am a contractor and my underage children and my mother in law are also on my bank account.

Wage Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

Can a garnishment be stopped after being started and can a person be garnished by two different attorneys at the same time in Georgia?

Wage [ 2 Answers ]

What is the hourly rate for a junior in Australia?> Does anyone know?

AZ min. Wage? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows what the minimum wage in Arizona is?

View more questions Search