Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Returning Symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
    Two years ago I was diagnosed with IBS and my symptoms were really bad up until beginning of this year such as stomach pains, diarrhea, constipation, and mainly vomiting a lot. After having it treated and things had seemed to be back to normal for several months, I noticed I have been feeling queazy and getting sick for the past month now. Mainly vomiting, even if I had not eaten anything or drank only water, as well as feeling very nauseous. This morning I was throwing up but no solid food was coming up (only white) so this concerned me. For the past couple of months I have been trying to increase the fiber in my diet and I also take Benefiber powder supplement, eat much more veggies and fruits, I don't eat much red meat just mainly poultry and seafood, I don't eat much fried food lately, I drink 6-9 glases of water (8 oz), and I exercise at the gym 4-5 times weekly. I also very rarely drink cow milk and mostly use soy milk and take multivitamin. But, it seem like my efforts are in vain. Can stress be the culprit?

Do you think it could be the IBS symptoms returning back? I haven't taken meds for this for someime, but I'm starting to feel sick all of the time regardless if I have been trying to improve my health, I just feel sicker and sicker.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 09:52 AM

Do you have any other symptoms? Fever or anything? Is it possible it's the flu? Or are you pretty sure it's IBS?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 06:42 PM
    I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years back and had the symptoms off and on. But, haven't had any problems with it in a while now, but the symptoms I'm having now are the same that I had whenever the doctor say it was the IBS. I haven't checked my temperature yet, that would be a good idea. Although I don't think it is the flu. Last week for a couple of nights I drank a laxative tea, hoping that would help give some reliefe, but it did nothing except made me run to the bathroom.

I was also considering if I do a good colon cleanse, would it help relieve some of the symptoms. I would hate going to the doctor if I was right all along and end up spending $200+ for the visit. Today I was trying to take it easy drinking water, ginger ale, chicken noodle soup, and tried not to stay on my feet too long since that's when I would feel at my worse.

Has anyone had thesed symptoms and what did you do to help give relief?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with IBS and was wandering want a good treatment plan might be or any good home remedies. Any thoughts?

I'm very irritable and angry.for no good reason. [ 8 Answers ]

Almost two years ago I was put on paxil for aniexty and depression. I stopped taking the pill two weeks ago and feel 100% in the areas for anxiety and drepression, unfortuantly... since I've stopped taking it I'm soooo angry and very irritable. I feel like I could snap at the drop of a hat, and the...

Irritable bowel yeah it is hell [ 12 Answers ]

I'm planning a huge move 12 hrs away I have never been lived anywhere else my panic attacks are real bad but now? OMG I have diahreah they call it nervous stomach well for 4 weeks now I gave up on eating its not worth the misery I leave next week. I lost like 10 lbs and can't afford to lose one! I...

Re I have irritable bowel disease and am concerned if you know if it is advisable to [ 2 Answers ]

I have irritable bowel disease and like to know if it is advisable to be taking a calicum supplement >Moved from Forum Help<

Irritable lips [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I take two micronor tablets each night (as I had frequent breakthrough bleeding when taking only one) and also take endep. Recently, after increasing the endep from 20 to 25 mg per evening, I woke with swollen and irritable lips. I've reduced the dose, the lip problem eased, but recurred some...

View more questions Search