Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patman16 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Tell me could this be a sign of a electrical fire getting ready to start?
    OK I am smelling smoke in my house but I can't see it and we have had problems with the electrical wiring for sometime now and the outlets smell like burning plastic all of the outlets smell like that and the outlets are warm to touch

Oh and the breakers are not shutting off even when the outlets spark
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:38 PM

Call the fire department NOW!
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

Oct 31, 2009, 01:30 AM
    You definitely need to have the electrical system checked. Before the electrician arrives, try to determine if this problem is throughout the entire house, or just on one circuit. If it is just one circuit, shut that one off until it is checked out.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2009, 05:47 AM
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by patman16 View Post
    ok i am smelling smoke in my house but i can't see it and we have had problems with the electrical wiring for sometime now and the outlets smell like burning plastic all of the outlets smell like that and the outlets are warm to touch

oh and the breakers are not shutting off even when the outlets spark
    Smell of smoke, problems with wiring, and sparks?

So what did you do and what was the outcome?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Ready To Start A New Life! [ 2 Answers ]

In California if there is no custody agreement can I move my child out of state.

Is storing dolls in boxes a fire hazard if we have an area with an electrical outlet? [ 26 Answers ]

Is storing dolls in boxes in an area that has an electrical outlet and phone jack that are not in use a fire hazard? How far does a storage/box item have to be from the electrical outlet/phone jack? Thanks ;)

Is dust in electrical outlet boxes a fire hazard? [ 12 Answers ]

I've been changing out all my electrical outlets and switches because they were beige and I like white... anyway I find that some of the electrical outlet boxes are full of dust. I pulled out the shop vac and took care of it and I noticed it was outlets that are powering something constantly (ie:...

Electrical subpanel in fire wall... is it OK? [ 2 Answers ]

I asked this in the electrical section but was refferd here... I am in the process of building a 14x18' additon and a 24x30' garage (the addition is between the new garage and existing house). My existing electrical panel (200 Amp), while having plenty of spaces for all of the new breakers...

Electrical fire/faulty breaker? [ 2 Answers ]

Last week my roommate was watching TV and saw a few sparks fly out of the outlet the TV was plugged into. More specifically, the TV was plugged into a power strip which for some reason she had plugged into a three-to-two prong adapter. This adapter was plugged into the wall (which was three-prong...

View more questions Search