Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dustin4185 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Need more circuits!
    I am trying to add a few more 240V circuits for a welder and plasma cutter in the shop. The 200 amp panel is already full (4 30amp, A LOT of 20 amp, and a 100 amp service piggybacked). I have a new 200 amp service set at a barn about 50 ft. from the shop. Can I run another 100 amp service into the shop off the meter base/breaker panel? If so what is the best method and how deep does it need to be buried?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 06:52 PM
    No. You cannot have two services brought to one building.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

Oct 31, 2009, 01:35 AM
    No, but you can feed a sub-panel from your service. Re-route at least one of your existing 240 volt branch circuits to the sub-panel to free up breaker space at the main panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12/2 and 14/2 on 20 amp circuits [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am helping my brother clean up and run a couple of new legs in his house, and I have encountered an interesting twist. The home runs are all 12/2 wire, but after the first connection, it usually will drop down to 14/2. All of the breakers are 20 amp in the sub panels. This house has...

15 amp circuits [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to decide whether to run another circuit. The living room is on a circuit 15 amp with 8 or 9 outlets and six ot seven ceiling lites. Is this too much? Can I continue this circuit into the dining area with another5 outlets and another four lites or do I need to run another...

Circuits [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose that the switch has been closed for a length of time sufficiently long for the capacitor to become fully charged. (a) Find the steady-state current in each resistor. R1=16.00 kΩ, R2=12.00 kΩ, and R3=2.00 kΩ. (b) find the charge on the capacitor. 9.00V, 10.0uC I found part (a) but I'm...

240 vac 60 amp circuits [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing 2 240volt 60 amp circuits for tankless water heaters. Do these neet to be run in a conduit? I am using #6 THHN which should be ableto handle 75 amps in this application.

GFI Circuits [ 1 Answers ]

All of my outdoor and garage electrical outlets have no power. I have reset all of the buttons on the gfi outlets. I f one outlet is bad,will they get no power? And how can you tell which one is bad?

View more questions Search