Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dashleys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 01:15 PM
    How to sign your house back to the bank
    My boyfriends was living in a moble home and could no longer make the payment so he moved in with me, now his mortgage company keeps harassing him and all he want to do is sign it back but they won't send him the paperwork. Is there anywhere he can go to get the bank to take it back?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 05:06 AM

Yes - its called foreclosure and I assure you, he doesn't need to sign anything for it. They will eventually come take it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2009, 05:31 AM

He can't just give it back and walk away. First the bank doesn't have to take it back, they want their money not property. Eventually they will foreclose on the loan and then auction the asset off. Then go after him for the balance he owes after deducting what they got at auction and adding fees and interest.

He needs to try and sell it, maybe arrange a short sale or rent it or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving house back to bank [ 2 Answers ]

My can no longer make our house payment and we are considering giving our house back to the bank, my question is.. is there just as much involved in just giving your house back or just letting it go in to forcloser

Giving house back to the bank [ 2 Answers ]

I'm interested in giving my rental properties back to the bank because they are selling for less than I owe on them and the mortgages continually increase. I can't rent them for the amount of the increasing mortgage payments. Are there negative tax reprecussions?

Giving a house back to the bank [ 6 Answers ]

We purchased a home in Colorado in 2001 in a community where we own the house but not the land. We have tried and tried to sell the house for the past three years but to no avail. We are not asking a lot for the house, just the pay off price. We have since retired and can no longer make the...

Deeding your house back to bank [ 3 Answers ]

Is deeding your house back to the bank the same as a foreclosure?

Need to Deed a House back to the bank [ 5 Answers ]

I currently own 2 properties and I need to sell one of them. It is a condo in Howell MI. We have tired everything to try and sell the property from paying closing costs to increasing the commission for the agents selling or buying the property. We have run out of ideas and money and now we need to...

View more questions Search