Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m1ssheatbar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Puppy
    My puppy's poop this morning was the color and consistancy of an egg yolk? Any ideas why?
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Nov 6, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ssheatbar
    my puppy's poop this morning was the color and consistancy of an egg yolk? any ideas why?
    Contact your veterinarian immediately. Your puppy could have Parvovirus.

Is the puppy eating?
    Is the puppy lethargic?
    Is the puppy also vomiting?
    Is the poop very foul-smelling?
    Is there any blood in the stool?

*Edit* Oops! I meant to make clear that these are some common symptoms of Parvovirus and that if the puppy exhibits any of these in addition to the yellow stool, a veterinarian should be contacted.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
    I would be a little slower to call the vet if the puppy is otherwise its usually, active self. They often forage something that disagrees with them.

However, parvo is nothing to mess with, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pets-a...ppy-40327.html
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Sounds like it could be a protazoa called Coccidia. Any other symptoms? Age? History of where you got him/her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help My Puppy! [ 5 Answers ]

I adopted a 14 week old puppy about 2 weeks ago. He was fine until about a couple days ago I noticed his front legs bend inward. I thought it was normal at first because of his crossbreeds between a boxer and german shepherd. But as I watched him walk and play I was concerned. You know how a normal...

Help with puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old male shih tzu, and just brought home a 3 month old female shih tzu. My male keeps on trying to mount the female. Can he hurt her by doing this?

New Puppy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I have an eight week old dachshund puppy that I've had for three days. This moring I noticed a very small amount of blood in her stool that she passed at the very end. How serious is this? Thank you, Kelly

New puppy! [ 6 Answers ]

So, my husband and I got a new puppy. He's a Basset Hound, and he's five months old. Annie (our 10 month old lab) is having a lot of fun with him. We bought him from a pet store. We've been trying to find a new dog at the shelter, but we've never been able to find the 'right' one. I feel like...

When is a puppy not a puppy anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Our Lhasa is now 10 months old. As a puppy we have had food available pretty much at all times, but maybe he's getting past that now, and for his weight should maybe only be fed about a cup to a cup and a half of his dog meal a day. We have been using Wysong, by the way, and it seems to have a...

View more questions Search