Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eric lewis Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 08:03 AM
    JUST want a chance
    My felony is burgarly,I always wanted to be a truck driver I went on many website on free training,my job close their business here in monroe,la. 300 people lost their job. Well my past history get the way of finding a school to become a trucker, can any help me??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Hi, eric lewis!

How long ago was your felony conviction, please?

Thanks!

Oct 30, 2009, 05:31 PM

My conviction was in 1995 jobs is so hard here about to loose all I have, I need a job
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Hi again, eric lewis!

The competition for trucking jobs is really intense and the people that hire will be more likely to hire those that don't have convictions of any kind. This being mainly due to liability issues.

I do know someone who did have a felony conviction a long time ago who has landed jobs in the trucking industry. But, he tried and tried and tried over and over again for jobs.

What kind of education, other work experience and job training do you already have, please?

You might need to broaden out in what you'll look for as far as the types of jobs that you might get.

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Well I have some carpenter exp. And automatic welding this what I was doing when Shaw Process close the doors I was doing this for 5 years any other company don't use automatic
    All that time I didn't learn how to hand weld jobs here in Monroe La is tight
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 08:10 AM
    For now, find whatever work that you can.You may have to stoop down lower than you'd like.

Go to your local Dept. of Labor, and see what they have available.

Things are tough all over. I wish you luck.

Oct 31, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Thanks I spend money on physical and cdl permit that truckers dispatch said I needed before
    CRST trucking accept me that was a waste of money I truly needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

Should I take a chance? [ 6 Answers ]

*Note: Even though this question falls under relationships as well as the parent / child relationship, I think overall it's a matter of my need to grow as an adult so that's why I'm putting it in this topic* This is my first post here so I will try to keep it short as possible. I have been...

How to ask for a second chance! [ 1 Answers ]

I really liked this guy that I saw only once.I also heard he liked me a lot too. Anyway I did something silly to try to get to know him.I was just scared and wasn't thinking.Anyway he was really mad at me than he also went back to his old girlfriend. It's been awhile since we spoke.I heard he broke...

Should I take a chance! [ 8 Answers ]

I met this guy through my mom.Actually our mothers fixd us up anyway nothing happened at the time because he had a girlfriend. Well I heard he broke up with his Girlfriend.I only met him once and I really liked him. Actually I haven't had these feelings for a guy in awhile. We only met once. I...

View more questions Search