Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilyjade Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 01:57 AM
    Car Paint on new seude boots!
    I was using the car paint you use to write on your windows and the top of it broke and spilled it all over me. Spattering it all over my right boot. They're seude and I have no idea what to do! It's only the first time I've ever worn them, they were expensive, and my moms going to kill me if I don't get it out! Please Help! ):
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Paint and suede don't mix. Suede is really, really hard to get stains out of. You may need to take them to someone professional - a dry cleaners?

I got this from the internet:

Follow these steps to remove latex paint stains from Leather or Suede:

* Paint stains may be impossible to remove entirely.
    * Carefully scrape to remove any excess paint. Mix a solution of mild soap in lukewarm water.
    * Swish to create a great volume of suds.
    * Wipe the paint residue with a sponge dipped in only the foam.
    * Wipe with a clean dry cloth.

HowStuffWorks "How to Remove Latex Paint Stains: Tips and Guidelines"

Nov 8, 2009, 01:03 AM

Thank you(:
    I tried something similar to that the night it happened, and it faded the paint a bit.
    But I ended up taking them to place that fixes boots and they managed to get the paint out, it's not perfect but they're black again they just look scuffed haha.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Nov 8, 2009, 04:58 PM

You might be able to get the faded stain out by using a regular pencil easer. I tried this on my boots to remove a stain from hand sanitizer and a tiny coffee stain. It worked really well.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyjade View Post
    Thank you(:
    I tried something similar to that the night it happened, and it faded the paint a bit.
    But i ended up taking them to place that fixes boots and they managed to get the paint out, it's not perfect but theyre black again they just look scuffed haha.
    You can get suede paint that will bring them back to the original colour and they will look new again, rather than scuffed. Black is agood colour to repair, but you'll have to use it on both boots.

Nov 9, 2009, 06:21 PM

Where would I get the suede paint from?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2009, 04:34 AM

Most shoe stores sell it, if not try a craft store.

And pick up a can of suede protector while you are there, you just spray it on your boots and it helps repel water and other liquids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cowboy boots [ 3 Answers ]

Stan always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots. Seeing some on sale one day, he buys them, wears them home, walking proudly. He walked into the house and says to his wife: "Notice anything different about me?" Bessie looks...

New boots [ 5 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, are Californians. Bert always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots. So seeing some on sale one day, he buys them & wears them home, walking proudly. He walks into the house and says to his wife: 'Notice anything different about me?' Margaret looks him...

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

The Boots [ 2 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, move to Texas . Bert always Wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing some on sale, he Buys them and wears them home. Walking proudly he goes into the kitchen and says to his wife, "Notice Anything different about me?" Margaret looks him...

View more questions Search