Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taterfore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Dap out overflow
    I have a concrete slab house where we recently replaced all the drains below the slab. We left a 12x12 inch dap out hole around the p-trap underneath the tub. Now when it rains, water comes up through the dap out and into the house. We are having an extremely wet season here (lucky me), so it is difficult to get it dry in order to coat the dap out hole with any substance. What substance do you recommend filling/coating the dap out hole with? Also, are there any substances that can be applied while the ground is wet? We have already dug a trench on the side of the house to assist with water drainage and currently working on a french drain, but I want the dap out filled/coated with something to prevent further flooding and creepy crawlies from coming in. Any help appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2009, 06:12 AM
    When the contract calls for it we coat our dap-outs with hot tar to waterproof them. On another note can we help you with the french drain,(see image)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air gap overflow [ 12 Answers ]

Changed my garbage disposer several months ago. Hooked up the lines like the instructions showed. I have a double bowl sink with the air gap emptying in to the right sink. If the sink stopper is plugged into the drain in the right sink, the dishwasher puts water through the air gap. If the drain is...

Dishwasher Overflow [ 1 Answers ]

My son recently installed a new garbage disposal for me, since that time our dishwasher is draining into the sink out of the air gap. The flow is so much that it is flooding the counter top. What did we do wrong? Did we need to drain the air gap hose? :eek:

Overflow stack [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced bottom pipe in basement with PVC because it was cracked but that didn't stop the leak.It seems to be leaking from the pipe that goes out to the roof.Does that mean my over flow pipe or whatever it called is working overtime because there could be a clog somewhere.It manly leaks when...

Tub overflow [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We live in a newly contructed home and the tubs have no overflow (hole or vent). Is this now common ? When showering tub will hold water (about 2 inches) then finally drain after 4 or 5 minutes into your shower time. Just seems weird. Thanks

View more questions Search