Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knwledge777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 05:49 AM
    Advice for rebuilding my credit
    I have a foreclosure in November of 2005 and since then I have managed to pay all my bills on time and not open a new lines of credit. My credit score is currently about 650 and I need to bring it up. I don’t have any debt at all and I just paid of my car last month. I have one credit card with capital one ($650 limit). What can I do to improve my credit score at this point other than pay my bills on time? I want to apply for another credit card so I can have multiple line of credit going, but I am afraid that due to the foreclosure last year and my score of 650 I might get denied even though I have been paying all my bills on time for the past year, what do you think? Should I apply for the card? If yes, what kind of card should I apply for?

Thank you for your help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Credit scores takes years to bring back up, there is no "quck fix" just keep paying your bills on time and each year it goes up.

The last thing you really want now to applying for more credit,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2006, 07:02 AM
    I agree with Chuck, that you really shouldn't be considering getting more credit. The one card you have, should be enough for some impulse purchases where you don't have enough cash with you. If you need to purchase a larger ticket item, you can usually get a store credit line for that purchase.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 10, 2006, 03:12 PM
    It may be possible to purchase something small, like an appliance or a piece of furniture, from a store that offers to finance the purchase and pay that off short term, like in a year or less. I would especially suggest the zero percent interest deals I see offered sometimes by the furniture stores. That helped me establish credit when I didn't have any (had to buy the vacuum cleaner to buy the car LOL). Just a thought...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Credit Where Credit Is Due [ 6 Answers ]

I have a small problem. I have a database that I like, but my boss (URRG):mad: wants to give the database to another est. of ours. I know they are going to need to change certain items, so they are going to need Admin access to the database, but I need a way to be able to stamp my name in it, so...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Advice about dealing with Capital One credit cards [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about dealing with creditors in general, and Capital One credit cards in specific. I have had some bad financial times over the past six months, and I haven't been able to pay on five credit cards. Four of those are with Capital One. This next month will mark the 180 day...

Rebuilding Shower - Leveling new shower drain? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have come to the postings to get some help as I am a novice plumber. I've gutted my ensuite tilled shower down to the floor. In whacking out the cement pan, and I assumed that I've probably cracked the old drain so when I got to the wood floor I cut away the older PVC 2" piping back...

View more questions Search