Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glittering_waterfalls Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 04:24 AM
    Children's movie late 80's ish...
    I remember watching a film when I was younger and I can't remember the name of it. It was animated, and had green goblin type creature things in it with pointy ears. The main character was male, and he wore a brown pair of short and a white shirt or something. At the beginning of the film, he works in a candle factory and there is this one part where he slider down a banister and hits some candles that are hanging up. The main plot of the film, I think, is looking for a crystal. I can remember the crystal being in a tall tower in a circular room and it was in the middle of the room and it was egg shaped.

On his search for this or whatever it was that he was looking for, he is with a girl I can't remember what she looked like I think she was green too. They go into this underground cave thing and she gets turned into stone and there are lots of other people who had gone down there that also had got turned into stone. In another room in this cave thing there is a big machine and attached to it is some kind of big pink squishy thing and they bounce along it. Also in the cave there is a pit with little animal things that eat people who fall in it.

This is a children's film, and I remember watching it when I was about five ish, so Im guessing it was made between 1980-1992 most probably. If anyone knows what film this is, that would be a great help. Its been bugging me for ages.

serena21 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
    It might be the princess and the goblin it's about a girl and a boy who have to stop the invasion of the goblins and they go underground to the goblin laire and one gets turned to stone and they have to find the princess grandma who is a ghost and lives in a circular room with a whole bunch of lights. Here is a review from amazon.com check it out and see it it's the one your thinking of:

A Kid's Review
    This is a great family film no dought about that.The kids will just eat this film up.Its about a princess that goes on a magicall quest to save her kingdom from the goblin empire.On her quest she is joined by her cat and a few other friends.I say it is classic because everything about it is hand drawn and marvelous.I think you shouldn't pass this classic up it's a great family film and they don't make animated movies like this any more. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because itjust a little bit out datedother than that it's a sure winner. There you have it folks its sure to win you and your famlie's. Piece out!!

(please let me know if its because if not I'll keep looking for you.)
    glittering_waterfalls Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 12:02 PM
    I looked that up and its not it. The main characters were the goblin creature things and they were good. They didn't look like real people. Any other suggestions?
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Nov 4, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Out on a limb, Dark Crystal?
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Nov 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I was thinking dark crystal too, they are puppets though...
    jeffsiler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Did anyone find out the name of this movie?

Jeff
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Dec 10, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsiler
    Did anyone find out the name of this movie?

Jeff
    The person never responded back... but by its discription I would think it could be dark crystal
    amyioiool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 03:25 PM
    There has been a film bothering me for so long, all I wanted to remember was what it was called it as I often remember parts of it but it's name has been driving me mad the last few months and that's it Princess and the goblin. Thank you so much serena21 you've just made me so happy!
    amyioiool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 03:26 PM
    I'm not the asker just someone else... THANK YOU

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie [ 20 Answers ]

There is a children's movie that I can't get out of my head. It had something to do with a real little girl who travels through a mirror and encounters a witch. I also think there were some puppets that became her friends. I don't remember too many details because I was really young but I...

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

Late 80's early 90's children's movie about penguins [ 8 Answers ]

OK I'm about to be 19 and the movie I'm looking for I ALWAYS watched when I was younger. It was about two baby penguins there was a blue one and a pink one and they get captured and put on a ship (I think it was winter). They are trying to escape from the ship and they hide behind a bunch of...

Need help finding out name of an 80's children's movie [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out the name of a movie that I saw in the 80's when I was a kid. The details are kind of sketchy, but this is what I remember. Children can step through a mirror and it takes them to another land where an evil witch (not the green mole on the nose kind, more like the snow...

80's Children's Movie: The Tractor Monster [ 2 Answers ]

When I was little I remember watching a movie about a monster that lived underneath a lake. The monster turned out to be a tractor that used to move because of some kind of pulley system. I have been trying to remember the name of the movie for about ten years. If anyone remembers anything,...

View more questions Search