Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wetlands Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Plant/grass identification in Florida wetland preserve
    I just moved next to a wetland in Florida. What kind of grass is this? Thanks in advance
    Attached Images

twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 01:01 PM

It's Florida sawgrass. Be very careful as this stuff is very sharp edged and you can cut your hands very easily when handling it. It's everywhere!!

You won't get rashes from it - just get your hands sliced up! Be careful if you are going out walking in the woods. Wear long pants or your legs will get sliced up real good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need plant identification [ 2 Answers ]

I need to identify this plant. It appeared in my garden in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. It's leaves are furry, green like a Kelly green; the stem has small thorns that are a bit soft. The leaf is elongated with five wider bulges looking a bit like the Clubs in a deck of cards but with five bulges....

Removing grass to plant [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I was wondering what was the easiest way to remove a somewhat large patch of grass Without any professional tools, I want to plant sunflowers but I tried using a shovel that's a hard back aching job, any suggestions are greatly appreciated Thanks :)

Identification of a plant [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plant that has sprouted at my golf course in El Paso, Tx. The plant is extremelly tall(approx. 20ft) it has very large leaves and they are all separate(not in bundles or grouped together). The plant then has very small yellow flowers that form the shape of tubes. Could somebody guide me in...

Plant Identification [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to identify a plant I saw growing in someone's yard. It is maroon in color - the whole thing, about 6' tall, with a striking red plume-type flower. The leave are huge- probably 12" across, and resemble a red maple tree in color and shape. I don't know if it is an annual,...

Grass like plant [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn has died and I am looking for a grass like plant which does not require watering but instead gets the moisture from the humid air. I live in south Florida and the plant/grass should grow a year round. It should also be able to handle direct sunlight staying green. Would you have any...

View more questions Search