Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Install doors before or after taping joints?
    I am almost done with the drywall installation in my basement. Is it advisable to tape and mud the drywall joints prior to installing the pre-hung doors? I'm assuming that I should wait on the doors but I potentially have some help coming in a few days (they could help with the doors, but not the drywall... ) and want to make the most of the opportunity...
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2009, 03:08 PM

Finish and texture first or you will have to mask and cut in around the doors for painting
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Oct 30, 2009, 03:23 PM

I agree! Also you will have a lot of dust that you won't want on the doors.
    EZHangDoor Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
    Complete the drywall first, it's less messy for the doors. Drywall dust is very fine and tough to clean up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing bedroom hollow doors with 6 panel pine doors. [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my bedroom hollow doors with 6 panel pine doors. My problem is that the 6 panel pine doors are not fitting properly. When I hung one door with the same size hinges I was able to put the screws in the same holes as the old ones but the door will not close. The new door is about...

Taping drywall [ 3 Answers ]

I bought self-adhesive tape for the drywall I pt up and I was wondering, since the tape is self-adhesive, if I needed to put a layer of joint compound under the tape or if it was OK to place the tape directly on the wall?

Drywall taping and mudding [ 6 Answers ]

My contractor hung the drywall leaving wide gaps between sheets, some I'll have to replace but can I tape and mud gaps that are 1/4" or less than 1/2" without it cracking later? This is in 2 room. Thank you.

Taping cement board joints [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of compound to use on cement board?I've checked the USG FAQ site and they recommend 'glass tape for the joints, I see no mention of compound, other than to say that joint compound is not acceptable because cb is generally used in damp areas and the joint compound won't...

View more questions Search