Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilk46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Pet Liability Insurance
    I have been trying to find a pet liability insurer. I have a pitbull and live in MI. An ordinance was passed recently on pitbulls/vicious dogs. I now have to have liability insurance. I was told I could go through my homeowners insurance. We have AAA. I didn't see on their website anything about it. So I guess I'm asking what other pet liability insurances are out there, in MI? I need this soon...
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 05:52 PM

Did you call your agent at AAA? What your friend (or whoever advised you) was referring to was increasing the liability coverage on your current homeowner's policy- not a separate policy.

Call your insurance company to be sure that they offer the additional coverage for this specific breed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 06:18 PM

If they will cover it ( many home owners will cancell you once they know you have a pit bull) but the bet insurance is either merely part of the policy or a rider.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liability Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to buy only liability insurance rather than the total homeowner's policy? I live near the water and the cost of insurance is prohibitive and the deductibles are ridiculously high. I do not however want to be without liability insurance.

Pittbull liability insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Ohio and I was wondering about reasonble liability insurance for my pittbull

Liability insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have been making herbal soaps and selling to my immediate friends and family, but now strangers want to buy and I need to find out what kind of insurance I should carry and where to get it.

Insurance Liability [ 12 Answers ]

Car A is exiting a parking lot. Car A pauses just short of the aisle leading to the curbcut to wait for a delivery van to get clear. Car B comes down the next aisle turns into the aisle behind Car A. Car B then passes Car A on the left and makes a right in front of Car A hitting Car A on the point...

Bond and liability insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just started a small business in cleaning. Do I need general liability insurance or business insurance and bond in the same time?thanks

View more questions Search