Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbonesteak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 11:54 PM
    Dunkirk Gas boiler starts up then shut off
    I have a dunkirk Gas boiler. It has been working sporadically lately. Specifically it fires
    And burners flame on then shut off. I'll turn off power switch and repeat the process
    And the results are the same. My neighbor came over and bled the system ,removing
    Sediment that was showing in glass water level tube. It worked all right for a day and the
    Problem returned.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 01:58 AM
    If it has a flame sensor clean it.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aquastat L8148e dunkirk boiler [ 1 Answers ]

Dunkirk boiler pwb-5d , and an aquastat l8148e. Replyed After checking to be sure no other control is wired into the aquastat and has failed replace the aquastat contro always double check all circuits Don't know how to reply to the answer so I am doing it like this , So can I safely run the...

Dunkirk boiler fired baseboard heating unit. [ 1 Answers ]

Burner won't light up with pilot on.Could it be the filter?Where filter is located?

Dunkirk boiler fired baseboard heating unit. [ 1 Answers ]

Burner won't light up with pilot on.Could it be the filter?Where filter is located?

Boiler won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Oil to Gas conversion boiler and for some reason I cannot get the boiler or the circulator pump to shut off. I have a digital thermostat and it is set for 65 degrees but the boiler keeps firing up and the temp in the House is now 72 degrees. The boiler will run for 3 minutes then...

View more questions Search