Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 28, 2009, 08:25 PM
    I got 6% HQ. What do I do now.
    I got a prescription for 6% hq and got it compounded. My dermi said I have type 4 skin (though I think I have type 5 skin) and the 6% should be good for me. Now I am scared to use it on my face lol. I don't want to dilute it and make it less effective, and its only 4 oz. I have a prescription for 1 more refill. Should I test it on a small area first? I was thinking of testing it on the darker pigmented areas on my face to see how strong it is before committing my whole face to it, but I am scared that those areas will become lighter than the rest of my face. What should I do? I am thinking of starting use tonight. Any advice would be appreciated.
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Oct 28, 2009, 09:44 PM

If you have a super dark spot on your face try it out there first. Remember that your face tends to get lighter quicker than the rest of the body, I would not over use it. Maybe once every other day.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2009, 03:06 AM
    You're scared? Girl you better put that on your face before I steal it from you!;)
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Oct 29, 2009, 08:21 AM

Hmm all the best.. what do you do?? Start applying it..

For best results apply it before sleepign... let is absorb for five minutes and go to sleep

Do not turn on the lights.. keep the windows closed so it doesn't get oxidised too fast...

It will work better this way

Morning sublock... that's about it

Have loads of vitamins, drink water etc... to minimise free radicals that are created by overusage of synthetic products... and I think you'd be sorted

All the best and keep us posted

Oct 29, 2009, 11:45 AM

Thanks guys. Lol at Dessaml. Ok that's what I'll do; I'll use it only on the large darker areas on my face, and my arms. And wow I didn't know the lights being on could make it less effective imgorgeous, thanks and I'll take heed to that. My only question is I love to take hot showers and will that kick my melanocytes into overdrive?
    lisaMitchell Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Oct 29, 2009, 09:24 PM

If you use it, your face will be burned, will develop acne and have internal burn and burning sensation

Oct 29, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaMitchell View Post
    if you use it, your face will be burned, will develop acne and have internal burn and burning sensation
    Thanks for the advice but as far as acne goes, been there, done that, still fighting it lol. As far as burns go, been there, done that too lol. Are you now going to tell me to go buy Makari or QEI or 55H+ from your ebhair website like you are promoting in your other posts?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Yeah, I say also try on darker areas first as others had mentioned, or better yet apply it to the acne marks & scars for possibly a week.
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2009, 09:23 PM

I would try it on a small part on my face first. I tried 4% HQ before on my face and it made me breakout had tiny pimples that started bleeding all that happened in 3 days imagine what 6% would do. But 6% works well on the body to lighten
    haiji Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2009, 09:52 PM

use it on a dark spot or something on your face,first see what happens,but if no irritation,go all the way,I've used 4%hq=tri-luma,before works good,but never 6%.I no 4%works fast,I bet 6%works triple fast,wow!
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 1, 2009, 12:26 AM

Me and HQ don't get along. I envy you all that it works for. :(

Nov 1, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Me and HQ don't get along. I envy you all that it works for. :(

If I was able to get results with natural products like you trust me I would be going that route, but at least your at/close to your goal and now you'll look hot in the winter! :)

Nov 1, 2009, 01:39 PM

Yes I am taking all of your advice and applying to the small hyperpigmented areas on the sides of my face so I can see the results and compare to my overall complexion. Whatever they used as a base is very greasy, like vaseline consistency, and I'm worried its not absorbing, but I'll see how well it goes and if nothing then I'll get my next refill compounded somewhere else. Will surely keep you guys posted!
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Hey you ever noticed how Hq smells stinky? Lol... I didn't know that. My skin is starting to peel a little and underneath is lighter skin, and I'm getting used to the smell now. But, yeah you really can smell hq

Nov 1, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Hey you ever noticed how Hq smells stinky? lol...I didn't know that. my skin is starting to peel a little and underneath is lighter skin, and I'm getting used to the smell now. But, yeah you really can smell hq

Actually my hq has no smell whatsoever, and funny because the 1st thing I did was smell it to see how potent it was lol, but all I could see were small particles of hq crystals on my skin, but no smell. Do you have plain 4% hq that you're mixing with your tretinoin, or is yours already mixed? What consistency is your hq?
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 05:16 PM
    It's pure 4% hq crème usp. And I apply the tret separately from another tube minutes later. So, I don't mix either. The hq has an odor, I don't know if that's common or not.

Nov 1, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    It's pure 4% hq creme usp. and I apply the tret separately from another tube minutes later. So, I don't mix either. the hq has an odor, i don't know if that's common or not.

From what I just read, HQ is supposed to either be aromatic or low-odor, but if it has a strong odor that may mean it is oxidizing I think, or the base may have an odor, depending on how they dissolved it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 09:28 PM
    Well, mine isn't aromatic, I guess others may describe it as low-odor I don't know. It comes in a sealed tube with metal covering, which can only be puntured once it's ready for use. So, it's fresh. Maybe it could be the crème base perhaps?

Nov 17, 2009, 08:02 PM

Ok as a quick update my crappy 6% HQ did nothing, zilch, nada; I had better luck with my Triluma. So if you are going to compound your own hq make sure you know what you're doing and I think the mixing process and the base you use is KEY because this one was compounded at a small local pharmacy and I still saw traces of hq crystals that transferred to my skin when I applied it, and the base was heavy like vaseline/aquaphor so I don't know how they expected my skin to absorb this... This was a dud and a waste of time, but at least I didn't get darker so oh well.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 08:28 PM
    Sorry to hear about that. Can you have them try and recompound a new batch and address them the problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search