Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbolton59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Shock feeling when touching hot/cold water controls in bathtub
    My daughter said she felt a slight prick ( I was guess like a shock feeling) when she touch ed the knobs while taking a bath? Needless to say my daughter got out ot the bath ! Never had this happen before. Sounds bad to me.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 08:05 AM

Have you had any plumbing work done in the house? If you did and the plumber replaced a section of pipe with PVC pipe then the electrical ground system for the home may have been compromised.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 10:46 AM
    If Don's possible thought does not pan out, then the electrical system may have a fault causing the shock, and needs to be checked out by a professional.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

Oct 31, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Have the electrician check the bonding of the hot and cold water pipes. This is normally done at the water heater, since you have both hot and cold water pipes available in the vicinity. (also gas pipe if a gas water heater)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pressure to cold water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had a Moen Faucet connected in my wife's tub about a year ago. It's been working great but the last three weeks or so It seems the cold water pressure is dropping dramatically. Hot water runs fine. This is the only faucet in the house that has this problem. I've already cleaned the aerator...

No cold water in bathtub [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I am having a problem with my bathtub on my second floor of a house I just moved into. I don't have any water coming out of the cold water valve. The hot works fine and the toilet and sink both work fine for both got and cold. Is there a problem with the cartridge? There doesn't...

No cold water in bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

Up until 10 days ago, my bath/shower combination had cold water coming out of the spout. I have a single lever on/off switch, and in the cold water position there is almost no pressure, and no cold water- the water is luke warm. The fixtures and plumbing are about 20 years old. My husband did...

Plumbing: I have a single knob on my bath tub that controls the hot and cold water. [ 3 Answers ]

We "had" our plumbing problem "fixed" by a pro. It still does not work. Our upstairs bathroom has both hot & cold water when a sink facucet is turned on. But, in the bathtub, only the cold water works. Had it "fixed" almost a year ago, just had company, and there is no hot water coming out of...

Little to no cold water in bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me if I need to have the faucet replaced or is there some type of adjustment that can be made to fix my problem. I have no problem with hot water it comes out full force.

View more questions Search