Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Oct 28, 2009, 06:44 PM
    Intake Air Temp Sensor (IAT) 2000 Caravan 3.8L
    I am getting a fault code that states the Intake Air Temp Sensor (IAT) is either high or low voltage on my 2000 Grand Caravan 3.8L.

It is displayed on the odometer as fault code 23 = OBD-II code P0112 or P0113.

I know it is a thermistor that changes resistance as air flows over it. I read that the normal reading at 77 degrees is ~ 9k ohms. I'd like to check the connector first, and then measure the sensor to see if it is open or shorted.

But I can't find a single drawing or description of where it is located on the throttle body.

Can anyone help with this?

Also, if any of the info I have collected above is incorrect, please let me know.

Thanks...
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Oct 29, 2009, 02:11 PM

There is no IAT on either the 3.0 or the 3.8, only the 2.4. You've either misread the code or you've read the translation off the wrong chart. Get a code reader, they're more reliable.

Oct 29, 2009, 02:26 PM

Thanks Rick. Planning on doing so.

Interesting however, I called Autozone and they claim to have the part in stock for my year and engine??

The odometer code I am getting is 23. Do you know what that refers to?
    vwe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Today my 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L also suddenly displayed the check engine warning light with a code 23 = air intake temp sensor.

My mechanic is familiar with this condition (causes poor fuel economy due to misreading the actual air intake temp) and although he could not find an after-market IAT sensor, he found the Dodge part # and is going to order one. The IAT apparently costs around $25 and takes 15 minutes to install.

Nov 11, 2009, 12:53 PM

Does anyone know exactly where this sensor is located on the throttle body? (2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L).

Or can you describe what it looks like? (# of wires, etc)

As I recall there are several sensors in that area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 dodge caravan radiator fan will not shut off, w/ign off [ 1 Answers ]

The rad. Fan runs all the time, and continues to run even with the ignition off

Is there any way to quiet a lazy rocker arm in a 2000 dodge grand caravan? [ 1 Answers ]

Does this car have adjustable rocker arms? I know its prob not the best thing to do but someone told me that you can tighten the top bolt and it will make it better. I just need to know if it has adjustable rocker arms. Thanks

2000 Dodge caravan [ 1 Answers ]

When I hit the breaks the doors unlock and lock and the interior lights blink. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

View more questions Search