Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Debt relief
    My wife receives a disability check from the State of Colorado (PERA). I recevive a disability check from the same place, plus am a 100% disabled veteran and receive a check from them. I am massively in debt to credit card companies, my wife is not. I have disability payment insurance on some of my catds. Can I activate the insurance on the cards that have them and have the balances paid off? What happens if I just stop paying on the cards except from the credit union, which has our mortgage, a second mortgage and a credit card? Can I do this without filing bankruptcy. Can I file bankruptcy by myself excluding my wife? I owe over #30,000 in redit card debt.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 04:34 PM

If you have disability insurance, why wouldn't you use it to pay off the balances or, minimally, make the payments until you are able to work. I don't understand the question.

You can file individual bankruptcy but all of your INDIVIDUAL and JOINT debts must be listed.

If you stop paying the credit cards Judgments will be obtained against you, enforced by any legal means in your State.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt relief [ 1 Answers ]

Can I be successful by myself in negogiating a reduced payoff on unsecured credit card debt. Chase bank reduced my balance to 25% of what I owed after they took over Washington mutual. What are the costs and risks the large creditors are capital one target and wells fargo

Debt Relief [ 2 Answers ]

Is it best to go to a Lawyer, a debt relief agency or try to settle with the Credit Card companies yourselves?

Mortgage Debt Relief Act [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I'm presently waiting for funding to mortgage a new primary residence (call it Home C). My current residence (call it Home B), is upside down and the rental property (call it Home A), is about even. I plan to rent out my current residence (Home B), however the pay option arm minimum...

I need some serious informan on debt relief [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old female that is 8000 in debt. My credit score has dropped because of it and I can't even get a loan if I tried. I don't really know what else to do right now. Even if I get a second job, my debts won't be paid of on time. Its starting to effect my major bills like rent and my car...

View more questions Search