Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shamed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Employer not paying salary
    Hi All,

My employer didn't pay me two months salary and has closed down the company. I took a transfer to some other company but still didn't get my two months pay. Do you think I can still go against him legally even if the company is closed?

Quick replies will be appreciated .

Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 02:22 PM

Where?

Did the employer go bankrupt? Was it an individual or a corporation?

Oct 29, 2009, 07:19 AM

I don't think he filed bankruptcy, most of the people working under him left so he had no other option but to close the company. Moreover it was an organization.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 07:25 AM

A not for profit organization?

You have to know who is responsible for not paying you before you can take action.

Oct 30, 2009, 07:56 AM
    I know for sure my employer is responsible for not paying it, he got the money from the client but not paying to us. He says he doesn't have any money now, he has been telling me that he will pay all my money back since a year now. :(
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shamed View Post
    I know for sure my employer is responsible for not paying it, he got the money from the client but not paying to us. He says he doesnt have any money now, he has been telling me that he will pay all my money back since a year now. :(

I'm sorry but you don't know that for sure. It depends on the business structure, corporate structure - you don't know if he's personally responsible/liable or not.

Of course you can always go to Small Claims Court and let a Judge determine what the business structure is and who owes you.

Also your State Wage and Hour Commission would be interested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex employer is not paying part of salary which they owes me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I joined NJ base consulting company and they offered an x amount as aannual salary. They placed me in another state. The didn't give full month salary but was giving part of it. When enquired about it they said they would give me after an year or when there is an account settlement. This...

H1b employer not paying salary either not showing a job. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Iam fed up with my employer for false promisings. Iam h1b employee ,my employer don't have any projects I know legally I am supposed to pay even on bench. I asked him to send me back if you don't have any project or pay me legally. He passed months saying he was generating pay roll...

Employer not paying valid salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a contract with my employer where in he has agreed to pay me 66K per annum without regard to my working or not. I am here on H1B. I am looking out for clients for my employer since past 3 months, but have not been able to. First 2 months they paid me full salary but now they are...

Ex employer not paying salary- Complaint in DOL [ 5 Answers ]

What happend: I joined NJ base consulting company A and they offered an x amount as aannual salary. They didn't give full month salary but was giving part of it. When enquired about it they said they would give me after an year or when there is an account settlement. So I moved to Company B...

View more questions Search