Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liz Guthrie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 07:34 PM
    No signal to monitor
    Haven't used PC for some time. Switched on, however PC monitor shows 'no signal' error message. Tried rebooting, same result.

Trying to isolate the problem, I tried connecting up a SUN monitor (suitable for PC) and get error message 'in power save mode. Activate using PC'.

At this point, I don't know if the problem lies with the monitor - PC or SUN - or with hardware.

I'd appreciate any help on this.
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Guthrie
    Haven't used PC for some time. Switched on, however PC monitor shows 'no signal' error message. Tried rebooting, same result.

Trying to isolate the problem, I tried connecting up a SUN monitor (suitable for PC) and get error message 'in power save mode. Activate using PC'.

At this point, I don't know if the problem lies with the monitor - PC or SUN - or with hardware.

I'd appreciate any help on this.
    Need more info but sounds like vid card, make sure it is seated.
    relroy Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 07:08 AM
    I think the RAM (hardware)is the problem.there appears to be a problem with RAM synchronisation.it is unlikely that the problem is with the monitor(picture tube)because the error message proves it.the solution is to either repair the existing RAM or I would recommend upgrading RAM .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2006, 07:12 AM
    I don't see where the RAM would be a factor, though its possible. The message from the Sun monitor could mean that you need drivers for that monitor on the PC.

It does sound like the monitor is not getting a signal from the PC, whiohc is probably either a cable or video adapter issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor no signal [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a graphics card that doesn't work for my PC,as in there are no beebs,and the monitor stays blank when I turn it on with an amber light, I have a ic7-g motherboard and the graphics card ati radeon 9800 pro doesn't work for my mobo and I dunt know why(it should work,other people...

No signal to monitor [ 1 Answers ]

HI, My computer decided to reboot its self last night and when it came back up there was no signal to the monitor. OK - lets check the monitor. I plugged it in to the laptop and all worked well indicating a healthy monitor and lead. Must be the graphics card. Bought a new one - same problem. No...

No Signal to the Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Our computer decided to take a breakdown, and there is no signal to the monitor we tried another monitor and still nothing the computer lights up the cd drive light flickers, the mother board light is on and the fan works, however when we swapped swapped the hard drive into another computer that...

No Monitor Signal [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I recently tried to install a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP, on a compaq. Being the idiot I am I did not uninstall the on-board video first, I inserted the videocard and now I get no signal to the monitor, I have tried removing the Radeon and using the onboard video again, but still no picture. All...

No signal to monitor [ 8 Answers ]

OK like a week ago I unhooked my computer then just awhile ago I rehooked it back up and like the computer starts up and everything its just there is no signal to my moniter and the cd rom drive doesn't open or close and I also can't power the computer down by the power button ihave to turn it off...

View more questions Search