Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abs268 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Filling basement window
    I need to fill a basement window that is below an existing deck,the previous owner has just used board and it leaks during heavy rain/thaw.
    Unless I take up the deck I do not access to the outside.
    Any suggestions how I can do a permanaent fill from the inside.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 10:43 AM

I had a glass block window put in under the same conditions - it was installed totally from the inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement window installation [ 18 Answers ]

I have three basement windows that are 18"x30" wooden framed bottom hinged with A top latching device. The windows are placed toward the inside of the concrete Walls. I am going to replace them with vinyl double pained ones. I have three questions That are of concern since I have not removed...

Removing a basement window [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3X3 window in my cinderblock basement. The blocks are the 12 in wide blocks. I would like to take out the makeshift window that was installed improproperly and put block back in. Do I basically mortor in the new cinderblocks, or do I need to cut into some of the old block the insert part...

Replacing a basement window [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace my basement windows with vinel windows I have the windows already and it says to install with 2 1/2 finishing nails through the frame. I thought they would come with predrilled holes to use screws. But all it says is to use the finishing nails. Do I use the nails or drill...

Basement window [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed two basement windows. I had attached (2) 1 x 6's to the concrete foundation and installed the window to the 2 1x6's with screws. I had used concrete screws to anchor the lumber ( the 2 1x6's)into the concrete. The sills of both windows are slabs of limestone (8 inch...

View more questions Search