Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagilireddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
    External hard drive access denied by windows
    I have oneTouch4 external hard drive and is OK until now. But all of sudden it shows access denied. And in properties it shows 0 bytes. But is accessifor scanning. I don't know how it is open to explore. All imp personal data and my system backup is located in that.
    Can any one help how to access it. I am using vista ultimate.
    Network_Admin Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Oct 31, 2009, 08:49 PM

Try looking at this and see if it helps...

Seagate Knowledge Base
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 10:00 PM

See if drive is recognized in properties for the drive.

Right click on the drive in windows explorer and click properties.

What is listed there for used space/free space and
    File System

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drive [ 8 Answers ]

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I am attempting to connect an external hard drive to one of 4 usb ports on my desktop. I have tried connecting it with my computer on and off and I have rearranged the plugs many times. Each time I plug in the external hard drive my keyboard and my...

External hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I need your help I recently bought a 320 GB External hard drive, I plugged it into my computer and check the capacity of the hard drive it is telling me that the hard drive capacity is 298 GB, where is the other 22 GB gone? Looking forward for your reply

External hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

I needed to back up some files right away and my friend used her portable hard drive to do it for me. Can I transfer them safely from her portable hard drive onto one I buy and if I can do that will that delete them from her hard drive unit?

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi good day I try to connect my external hard drive but its not work nothing comes up I think it's the jumper starter could you tel me how to connect it so it works please thanks

View more questions Search