Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisedandtired Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 09:45 PM
    Voluntary relinquish of parental rights
    My ex-husband wants to sign over his rights, What answer can he give the court so that the judge will agree when they ask why. He has never had anything to do with the child and My new husband wants to adopt him.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 04:43 AM

He may not have to give a reason if your husband is adopting them. If he needs to, simply say "I believe that all children deserve two parents and allowing this adoption provides my children with something I have been unable to provide them"

But at least here in FL, there is no reason needed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 05:40 AM

In fact most likely he will not even have to appear in court. Your attorney files for adoption inclucding paper work that he gives his rights up for the adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish Parental Rights [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son that I have had custody of, he has been ticketed and arrested 3 times in the past 4 months for drug usage and has had my now 10 year old try marijuana, I have sent him to live with Dad since this last arrest. I do not want my son to return to my home, I am afraid my...

Voluntary relinquish of parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

My sons father wants to sign over his parental rights. How do I go about that without the costs of an attorney? I live in WA state. I have a fiancé that wants to adopt my son. The biological father wants to give up his rights. The father currently lives in Germany and I' m in WA state. I want...

Relinquish parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of North Carolina how does a father voluntary relinquish his parental rights and give all rights to the mother?

Voluntary relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I separated years ago, and during the separation, I lived with another man and we now have a six year old. My husband has since divorced me, and we never claimed my son during the divorce, we need to know how to go about getting his rights voluntarily relinquished, and have my son's...

View more questions Search